Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Regular

Aluminum Jetmate Fuel Tank

I was recently asked if I could make an aluminum replacement fuel tank for the Jetmate and was wondering if there was anyone else out there who would want one too. One-off tanks are expensive for me to make (I outsource the lasercutting and CNC bending, then weld/test/assemble in-house) so it would be much more cost effective if I can at least make a small batch of at least 3-5 to spread out the design/setup costs. Price would likely be in the $400-450 range if I can make a small batch, depending on how complex it ends up being. Displacement would likely be close to stock, if not slightly higher.

Thanks!
    Nathan

Re: Aluminum Jetmate Fuel Tank

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedSlip7 View Post
    I was recently asked if I could make an aluminum replacement fuel tank for the Jetmate and was wondering if there was anyone else out there who would want one too. One-off tanks are expensive for me to make (I outsource the lasercutting and CNC bending, then weld/test/assemble in-house) so it would be much more cost effective if I can at least make a small batch of at least 3-5 to spread out the design/setup costs. Price would likely be in the $400-450 range if I can make a small batch, depending on how complex it ends up being. Displacement would likely be close to stock, if not slightly higher.

Thanks!
    Nathan
    Iíd buy 4. Note there were two different tanks in the four model years and I donít know what changed. I have each if you need a model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Masonboswell View Post
    I’d buy 4. Note there were two different tanks in the four model years and I don’t know what changed. I have each if you need a model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seriously? Because that would make enough for a batch right there... any chance you could take a look at them and get an idea what the differences are? The guy who wants one said he would send me his broken tank so I would have at least one of them...

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedSlip7 View Post
    Seriously? Because that would make enough for a batch right there... any chance you could take a look at them and get an idea what the differences are? The guy who wants one said he would send me his broken tank so I would have at least one of them...
    I have 9 Jetmates and the tanks are crap, so could definitely use 4 at least. Iíve bought two sxr tanks from you and love your work. Iíll get some info on the differences, may take me a day or two. I actually just started a yearlong welding program and itís taking up my weekdays.

Thread Information