Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Aluminum Jetmate Fuel Tank

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedSlip7 View Post
    I've been working on the design but if I had that piece here it would make it go much faster and allow me to maximize the tank size while providing a perfect fit. I was planning on send the patterns off to the other guy to check fitment so I was going more conservative to make sure that it had plenty of clearance. If you shipped me that plastic tub I could always ship it back with a finished tank in it to cut down on shipping costs. You could leave the stock tank out since I've already got one here.

If you want to ship it to me, you can send it to:

Nathan Sobas
    1333 Lake Blvd
    Marion, OH 43302
    Boxed it up today, on its way to you tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Frequent Poster

I received the tub yesterday and have drawn up the first iteration of the tank. Working on making the model now; I'll post some pics when I get it finalized.

I received the tub yesterday and have drawn up the first iteration of the tank. Working on making the model now; I'll post some pics when I get it finalized.
    Awesome, looking forward to it!

Frequent Poster

Jetmate Tank.jpg

3rd prototype done. About 9.3 gallon capacity; getting quotes on parts now...

Looks great. I wonder if you could eliminate the welded elbow on the fuel fill and have us use hose just to save on labor/parts?

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Masonboswell View Post
    Looks great. I wonder if you could eliminate the welded elbow on the fuel fill and have us use hose just to save on labor/parts?
    The price difference would be pretty negligible and would probably be offset by the cost of the tubing. I'd prefer to make it as drop-in ready as possible.

I'm just waiting on a quote to come in from a 2nd lasercutter then I will have final pricing.

Frequent Poster

Well I'm still haven't heard back from the 2nd lasercutter so I might just go with pricing on the 1st. Their pricing seemed to be fairly competitive with the other lasercutter's past pricing anyways. Final capacity will be 9.3 gallons completely full with no air gaps (not counting the fill tube). It will include the stock fill tube/vent locations and stainless steel pickups with brass fittings. It would require an external valve to switch between main/reserve similar to the one on the SXR/Superjet.

Looks like if I make 5 tanks, the price will be $429 + shipping each. If I can make 10 tanks, the price will be $419 + shipping each.

If anyone wants one let me know here in the next few days. I need to place the order soon because I've got people wanting other sizes of tanks that will be made as part of this order. I'm going to make a post on the Facebook group as well and see if I can't get the numbers up above 5...

Well I'm still haven't heard back from the 2nd lasercutter so I might just go with pricing on the 1st. Their pricing seemed to be fairly competitive with the other lasercutter's past pricing anyways. Final capacity will be 9.3 gallons completely full with no air gaps (not counting the fill tube). It will include the stock fill tube/vent locations and stainless steel pickups with brass fittings. It would require an external valve to switch between main/reserve similar to the one on the SXR/Superjet.

Looks like if I make 5 tanks, the price will be $429 + shipping each. If I can make 10 tanks, the price will be $419 + shipping each.

If anyone wants one let me know here in the next few days. I need to place the order soon because I've got people wanting other sizes of tanks that will be made as part of this order. I'm going to make a post on the Facebook group as well and see if I can't get the numbers up above 5...
    I’m in for 4.

I cross-posted this on the Jetmate owner's thread and asked for them to reply here if they want to order one.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Tanks look awesome, nice work.

You could save some time by putting the vent with the
    Fuel picks up. Like they do on all other skis. Or just use
    A normal 3/8 brass fitting in the original place. Absolutely
    no reason for it to be any bigger. Make pulling the tank a
    Little easier too. This way you could also run a check valve.
    Run line from check valve inside old vent hose.
    Just a thought.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information