Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: new to me 2002 900 STX

Today was the last day of 25:1....so switched to regular 50:1 today as I just finished the last of the first three tanks. No issues and looks like the rings are breaking in. engine topped out and I was able to get another 250 rpm out of it today and 3 more mph (not counting the factory gauge to be accurate but GPS had me at 45 mph). A little water in the hull... I think one of the fittings on the bottom of the exhaust or the manifold is dripping (I zip tied a couple of lines..... don't know if that is tight enough to seal. had to do doubles on the fuel line 180 degrees out to stop the wet feeling on the fuel filter). I will check with inspection mirror while running. I am so glad I have a inline sediment filter..... I am located in a plant laden part of the Potomac and I am cleaning that screen off after every run. I know the factory had a optional sediment filter for one of the years....wonder why they never made it standard???

Blog Entries

anyone add a Bluetooth stereo to their 900 stx?

something like https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VV6YODG...v_ov_lig_dp_it

81BiM198p9L__SL1500_.jpg

I know the electrical system is only a 5amp charging system..... so not much of a robust charging system..... if this is not doable I will just strap on a Bluetooth boom box.

Blog Entries

So since everyone was forthcoming with suggestions.....

I bought this

Altec Lansing Life Jacket 2 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker from the MCBX
    6298b74d7299a6e3cd8b38d18387d366.jpg

and then got these straps
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    61ksgvPAPKL__SL1500_.jpg

to mount below the steering so that I can listen and ride

straps will be here by Friday..... much stronger than the altec ubolt which looks like it was made for a bike handlebar... worried about jumping wakes and the impact breaking the plastic part of the mount.....this thing is a little heavier than a go pro lol

the speakers sound great we will see how loud it can go.....

Blog Entries

So had to replace the impeller as the original was cavitating too much when pulling big skiers / tubing. this created some serious pitting on top and bottom of original impeller.

Found a Solas 12/18 for 177... 20 minutes to pull out pump and replace impeller. Tops out at 50-51mph GPS now. jumped the air temp sensor so it always gets the 3 degree ignition advance up to 5k

40 hours since rebuild. Had to re-torque exhaust manifold bolts and head bolts. All of that vibration without being balanced will definitely loosen items.

sediment filter was a smart addition as i am always cleaning crap out of it that would otherwise go to the cooling system.

"Glad to be here and want to contribute to the community knowledge."
    You have nice information, its rare for people share it.

Blog Entries

Hi All,

Quick update 12 months since rebuild. I had to re-torque exhaust manifold bolts half way thru the season and tighten up all the hose clamps. No other issues mechanically other than the ever-present half operational dash meter i refuse to buy new.

We put 100 hours on it last season. Iridium Plugs are still good to go for this season. Ski still hits 51 mph GPS speed. I had it out last weekend before the wind came in. Primer conversion has allowed me to keep the same battery from last year as it doesn't take much to get it started.

I have decided on 15 oz per 5 gallon jug for the 2 cycle premix.... makes it about 42:1 for the fuel mix, low enough to keep oil fouling of plugs low but high enough so i dont worry about not enough lubrication. Any recommendations for reliable but decently priced 2 cycle oil? I am currently using Pennzoil XL when it goes on sale for about $17 a gallon at walmart and i buy 6 at a time.

I plan on this ski being in the family for a while since the kids have taken it over.... and they only wrapped the ski rope in the impeller shaft one time to learn their lesson.
    Last edited by madtom; 04-25-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information