Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2018 sxr1500 prices

what dealer or city?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Guy View Post
    Dammmmmnnnnnn
    Dan, don't tell me you're surprised by this ? I'm not, but then again I'm just one of those aholes who didn't believe this ski was gonna magically "save" or transform the sport. It just didn't/doesn't fit in the mold of what many recreational standup riders get a kick out of riding. Simple reality. Not hating at all, just stating the obvious. Then, a few months after they hit the market, just in my area, I started seeing "used" ones for sale, more than I figured would pop up actually - with nearly the same description in every ad = just 1 or 2 tankfuls on it or just a few hours on it. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out = people buy it, ride it and quickly realize it's not their cup of tea, then quickly list it for sale to avoid losing as much $$ as possible on it. Then a bit over a year later the dealers still sitting on inventory do what they have to do to move them, and some have apparently taken losses on them. It happens. Welcome to retail. I sold hot tubs and pools for 20 years = not every new model is a home run and sometimes you just gotta cut your inventory carrying losses and move units, no matter what...

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

Quote Originally Posted by fox river pwc View Post
    Dan, don't tell me you're surprised by this ? I'm not, but then again I'm just one of those aholes who didn't believe this ski was gonna magically "save" or transform the sport. It just didn't/doesn't fit in the mold of what many recreational standup riders get a kick out of riding. Simple reality. Not hating at all, just stating the obvious. Then, a few months after they hit the market, just in my area, I started seeing "used" ones for sale, more than I figured would pop up actually - with nearly the same description in every ad = just 1 or 2 tankfuls on it or just a few hours on it. Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out = people buy it, ride it and quickly realize it's not their cup of tea, then quickly list it for sale to avoid losing as much $$ as possible on it. Then a bit over a year later the dealers still sitting on inventory do what they have to do to move them, and some have apparently taken losses on them. It happens. Welcome to retail. I sold hot tubs and pools for 20 years = not every new model is a home run and sometimes you just gotta cut your inventory carrying losses and move units, no matter what...

I've had superjets', sxr's, 550's, 650's etc. I rode one of the 1500's at a demo day and would buy one for sure, it's a totally different animal than the 2 strokes now who wants to dump one for cheap btw I still have my 2 stroke sxr, sold the superjets, although I would like to ride one of the newly redesigned bottom hull sj's

PWCToday Newbie

tssss...I'd still smoke you on my 550 with a broken battery cable

Quote Originally Posted by jcspeed View Post
    $6,995 plus tax was the price OTD. No games, no extra fees. Good dealership to work with for sure. Me and my buddy bought em.
    Picked up a new 2017 recently. Added sponsons, now meets all expectations. I'll admit the ride, the feel, is very different from any other standup of traditional size. But that's ok. Just appreciate it for what it is. I am so happy with the ski that I am now looking to pick up another one to modify.
    So I have been hunting for another deal. What I have found recently were leftover 2018's. One in Bay area for $6,999 and one in Vegas at $6,499. But wait !! I called for quotes OTD. I got $9,700 and $9,400. WHAT?!! Kinda gives perspective on the dealerships.
    RACING IS A GOOD EXCUSE FOR MORE TIME ON THE WATER.

PWCToday Newbie

I got a 17' back in April for $8600 OTD with a 2 year warranty and a cart. It's not the best deal but I'm not a great negotiator when I really want something. The floor model had a few dings so he gave me the 17' that was still in the box in the warehouse.

PWCToday Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fox river pwc View Post
    That's me to a "T". There's definitely a Learning Curve to this Ski if you have been off Stand Ups for a while. The Learning Curve is even steeper if you're in your late 50's / 60's!

I am still glad KAW did this; the sport needs to keep evolving! JB
    Last edited by John Belton; 06-14-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Went to Veys today with my buddy Wayne (wesinls on pwc today), we talked to the sales manager and he thought he was doing us a huge favor by selling them for 10,700 out the door. Keep in mind we're ready to buy two, he came down to $10,200, what a douche! I hope he reads this forum.

PWCToday Newbie

I e-mailed about 12 dealers for a quote today...all within 200 miles of San Diego...here's the worst response so far..."Where I make the most money" wtf? haha

"The 2019 SXR we have has an MSRP of $9699. Out the door it comes to roughly $11,800 with all dealer and Gov't fees. That's my best price because that's where I make the most money."

On the Vey's quote Dan mentioned above...A ~1500 un-crate and setup the ski fee, plus a 500 freight fee is just unfair for the customer...that's a 3 hours job @ maximum I'd assume to un-crate?

They advertise 7885...An ethical price would then be 7895 + tax, not 10,700...that's just unfair.

Frustrated...been going to Veys for a really long time - was hoping they'd give a better deal than we were presented with today.

-Wyatt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information