Largest PWC

Superstore

Collapse

SL 750 NO SPARK! Turns over without lanyard. Any help appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordx
    I dream skis
    • Jun 2009

SL 750 NO SPARK! Turns over without lanyard. Any help appreciated!

Title says it all..

This SL 750 cranks the engine even with no safety lanyard attached - and it makes me wonder if that has something to do with the no spark.

There is no spark even with the safety lanyard in.

Is this a common issue?

Engine cranks fine, and compression tests fine. Bought 3 new BR8ES plugs - Poured fresh Truefuel into the carbs and cylinders - but without spark - going nowhere!

Any help greatly appreciated!
  • lordx
    I dream skis
    • Jun 2009

Re: SL 750 NO SPARK! Turns over without lanyard. Any help appreciated!

Did a little googling, and it looks like the stator can play a major part in the sparking.... I guess its time for the engine to come out.

Comment

• 785 lugs
      Resident Guru
      • Feb 2005

before you pull the motor do an ohm test on the stator first

Comment

• lordx
        I dream skis
        • Jun 2009

The ski is getting parted. But I wanted to check the engine and see it running before parting and listing all the parts for sale. Would have been nice to confirm the CDI as functional before parting too.

If a 2 stroke engine turns over easily, and has good compression - that's pretty much it right??? The Stator and CDI determine spark for running... so even if I can't get it to start - can I safely assume the engine is fine?

Comment

• whazguude
          PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
          • Oct 2013

You do know wrenches turn both ways, right? Learn to fix them, before you part them. Another part flipper that knows nothing but how to take something apart.

Have a good day.
          I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Comment

• 1991pjs
            PWCToday Regular
            • Oct 2012

Try checking the lanyard switch and switch wires. I have a sxi pro that had a broken wire from bars to box. Replaced every electrical part in the ski then found that problem.

Comment

• Bionic racing
              PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
              • Aug 2016

Polaris always CDI box , hard to get that part , trade in , that was forced down my throat , that's is what it needs with same symptoms as yours , so there it sits , for a couple more years until cdi pops up , SBT has some cdi's supposedly , just not that important at this time for me , I ride stand ups so it will sit until I find parts or I scrap it , good luck on parts scavenger hunt

Comment

• lordx
                I dream skis
                • Jun 2009

The guy who had this before me also thought the same. He bought an entire Ebox for it - and it still didn't spark - so that is why I was thinking stator at this point.

Comment

• Brian in Tucson
                  PWCToday Newbie
                  • May 2018

Shop by department, purchase cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, cameras, baby items, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace
                  Last edited by Brian in Tucson; 06-23-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• jetRick
                    PWCToday Regular
                    • Jun 2017

I am amazed , NO Spark without lanyard .... THERE WON'T BE SPARK because ignition is grounded without lanyard . No SPARK can happen at the spark plugs . Sheesh . If you would have pulled the switch the lanyard clips into then you should have spark at the spark plugs .

Comment

• jetRick
                      PWCToday Regular
                      • Jun 2017

I am amazed , NO Spark without lanyard .... THERE WON'T BE SPARK because ignition is grounded without lanyard . No SPARK can happen at the spark plugs . Sheesh . If you would have pulled the switch the lanyard clips into then you should have spark at the spark plugs .
                      Love my old 1995 Polaris SLT 750 .

Comment

Working...
                      X