Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

98 770l carb rebuild

Planning to do some needed maintenance to my ski before summer. Yo my knowledge factory fuel lines and carbs havent been touched. Was planning to rebuild carbs and replace lines. Was planning to use regular fuel 1/4" fuel hose and was looking into carb kits and was looking for reccomendations on where to get a good set assume the junk on ebay is not worth the time. Seen this carb is used on multiple manufacturers so would it be better to get kit from them?

I dream skis

Re: 98 770l carb rebuild

ONLY use 100% Mikuni parts. Or you'll do it twice and be poorer for it. Make sure you review the contents of the kit(s) before you buy. Mikuni kits are structured a little weird. Also check your fuel selector valve for vacuum leaks.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Jet ski plus llc is in MO, I buy from them often. Hit them up for your kits and youll get em quick.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks ill check them out.

Correct me if wrong I'm not by ski but fuel lines are 1/4 id

And on the fuel selector valve is it the vacuum lines that go bad or seals in the valve? Just want to buy what I might need before I go to the lake.

Ski runs good but can be hard to start when warm or in water but once running is fine. I am hoping that will fix alot of those issues new plugs helped last year and I premix so possibly have it a little to rich. Was tempted to hook the oil pump back up but its been off for 10 years. It usually starts decent if you pump throttle couple times and hold it open till fires.
    Last edited by cfast; 04-03-2018 at 09:13 AM.

PWCToday Newbie

Do you think needle and seat should be changed as well or likely good still? If so what size should I be replacing it with.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Pull and inspect needle tip for grooving. The seat is marked with a size, replace with same size if it's grooved. Lines are indeed 1/4" ID. Sometimes the rubber goes bad inside the selector. Cap off 2 fittings and add tubing to the third, submerge and blow into the tubing watching for air bubbles. If air bubbles come out then they can get sucked in also. I rarely ever find a bad selector, usually just gunked up hindering fuel flow.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks anything to ne aware of when pulling the carbs to my knowledge they have never been off before

PWCToday Newbie

Any issues running regular gates fuel hoes from auto parts store?

Quote Originally Posted by cfast View Post
    Any issues running regular gates fuel hoes from auto parts store?
    No, but this is a tigershark, not a seadoo with tempo lines. If tghey are not cracked and deteriorated, leave them be. As for aftermarket kits, there's a hierarchy when it comes to quality. Mikuni-SBT/WSM-Winderosa-Jet ski Plus/Epcot 22 (Chinese)

PWC Sales/Service/Performance Grand Lake,OK
    922 N.3rd St. Langley,OK 74350 918-902-7876

I dream skis

I've heard mine leaking slightly around the shaft seal. I think they get damaged when we store them for the off-season and they dry out. The first turn in the spring dry.... shorter life. Invest in a Mity-Vac hand pump that does pressure and vacuum modes. Its perfect for ski work.

Thread Information