User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Come on who is taking the micky

Yamaha 1200 PV crankshaft USA vs AUSTRALIA Both SBT Shops and SBT crankshafts

Location: Australia USD$763 using the latest currency exchange

Now lets turn this into Australian currency

Location Australia, AUD$995

Who on earth is paying AUD$377 in shipping cost to ship multipal cranks on a commercial basis from USA to Australia, Are us Australians being strung up because we live in a very wealthy country?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cleatusjo's Avatar

Re: Come on who is taking the micky

No, 'cause we gotta fly 100lbs of cranks halfway around the world.

Edit: you'd think being so wealthy , you'd have a forging, casting facility, and machine shop to do it yourselves. Hell, every decent performance car you have are american co-ops. ( my fav,,, 6.0 GTO ). Ship Kawi. and Yami. cranks from Japan... oh wait, that'll cost a small fortune. And lastly , shipped 2 items to Austrailia. Never got paid on both, never got the parts back.
    Last edited by Cleatusjo; 04-01-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleatusjo View Post
    No, 'cause we gotta fly 100lbs of cranks halfway around the world.

Edit: you'd think being so wealthy , you'd have a forging, casting facility, and machine shop to do it yourselves. Hell, every decent performance car you have are american co-ops. ( my fav,,, 6.0 GTO ). Ship Kawi. and Yami. cranks from Japan... oh wait, that'll cost a small fortune. And lastly , shipped 2 items to Austrailia. Never got paid on both, never got the parts back.
    Yeah we are a very wealthy country that is why nothing is being built in our country because it is too costly China owns our economy sadly

100lb's of crank? they are only 65lb's per piece and I'm sure it would all go by sea rather than air which is very cheap but lets say even going by air there are sellers on ebay shipping hotrod cranks to Australia for $100 or less

the importation of the cranks in bulk would have minimal tax added

Cleatusjo why would u post something if u have not been paid for it first? their are scammers in every country in the world mate, cash first or it doesn't happen

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cleatusjo's Avatar

All valid points. Selling jetski parts is thankless at best. There is no big profit. most are offseting build costs buy selling parts. I'll bet even the larger co.s just support a paycheck for the owner. All the Jetski shops here work on bikes and plow snow in the winter. If I don't get paid for a part , so be it, a 35.00 exhaust mani. is a small price to pay to keep a piker from coming back. Better than a 250.00 short block.

Edit: Both times the buyers claimed they never got the package, even though customs records show it delivered.
    Last edited by Cleatusjo; 04-02-2018 at 09:06 AM.

I have had that fight with someone in Ukraine, took lots of calls to eBay till I spoke with someone who understands the courts don't use ebays policies. Finally got my $ back and next time anyone complained I was banned, even with 100% feedback. Take eBay for every dollar u can every time you can, no morals needed there.

Bugger i am a Ebay member and have had one account for 17 years i only have a little less than 550 feedbacks but anything i sell i make sure i post it with "sign on delivery" that is my proof it had been delivered there are a lot of snakes in the grass so to speak

i do a little bit of international shipping but hardly ever ship international due to cost also i always pay with paypal or mastercard both which cover your *** if someone is going to be nasty

Thread Information