Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Xlt1200

PWCToday Newbie

Xlt1200

The initial issue is cavitation on Holeshot. Upon inspection, I can see a piece of foam hanging down from where the Ride Plate meets the Pump Intake Shoe.

My thought was to install a Pump Seal Kit to fill the cavities in the housing. In the instructions I found online at the RIVA website, it mentions to “Be sure not to damage or destroy the OE foam gasket at the end of the Shoe.”

Well, I think that this is EXACTLY what is already destroyed! As I look at the Kit itself, I cannot see if a new piece of gasket is part of the Kit. It sure doesn’t look like it is.

Where do I get a new gasket piece? Is there an exact piece that I can get? Or am I trying engineer a new piece out of some foam chunks?

I did see one video that showed that that piece came with the Pump Seal Kit that goes into a new RIVA (or R&D...not sure which) intake grate. It went into the bottom of the back of the Shoe and matched up with the Ride Plate. But, I was not too keen on buying a new intake grate. While I am on that subject, is the Pump Seal Kit OK for use with the OEM Pump Shoe?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Racurl; 03-27-2018 at 01:28 AM.

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Xlt1200

Not sure why the picture is upside down.....Sorry. But you can still get the idea of the piece that is hanging down from where the Ride Plate meets the Pump Shoe.

A little more research allowed me to find another XLT1200 owner that had the exact same issue. I am not sure, but I believe that his answer was that a "Pump Seal Kit" would, after gooping it up with 3M4200, seal that gap. If I am reading things correctly, all that I would need is the Pump Seal Kit from RIVA or R&D and the gap would be sealed.

Any confirmation?

Frequent Poster

wow went through the same thing ,Im not an expert but had that same ski and it the did the same thing. I started with a ware ring and new prop, then the Riva kit ,when all that didn't help I did what i do on my X2's, I sealed every crack every joint ..pump to hull, ride plate to pump, ride plate to hull, any thing the water made contact with. I used a high grade clear silicone and that did the trick it hooked up awesome. I think the Riva kit was nessary and I would replace that seal hanging there also ..https://www.babbittsonline.com/oempa...ff1/jet-unit-1 I think you looking at #6
    Sealing everything with silicone made a big difference but like i said Im no expert at those big skis. Good luck

PWCToday Newbie

As I mentioned, another thread said that the "Kit" would solve that issue and a new foam gasket would not be needed. Now fastcar's comment mentions that there IS a particular part that I would need. I suppose that I could just take the thing apart and see what the remnants of the foam gasket look like and review how the Ride Plate will meet up with the Pump Shoe before I decide if I need a new foam gasket!

Unless there are other opinions out there.

Thread Information