Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

I dream skis

Looking for a good OEM 1994 Raider wear ring

I've owned my WaveRaider since it was brand new way back in 1994. Yeah, its old but it looks better than many 4-5 yr old skis. The engine runs perfectly as well.

I used to live on the Atlantic coast of Florida so I was a saltwater boater for many years. The saltwater caused my wear ring to swell and lock up the driveline. I bought a replacement, plastic (delrin?) lined wear ring from Watercraft Super Store and it works pretty good....just not good enough!

I lost about 1 1/2mph off the top end and the holeshot is pretty soft as well. I suspect that there is more clearance there than there should be.

Anyway, does anyone have a good, OEM, stainless steel lined wear ring for this ski that they'd like to sell. I'd like to get my performance back.

BTW, I kept my ski's original, saltwater swollen wear ring. I really don't think that I can repair it but I'd be willing to listen to any suggestions.
    1994 Waveraider, 1997 GP1200
    2 X 1996 Sea Doo XP (sold) ​2013 VXR ​2012 VXS

Re: Looking for a good OEM 1994 Raider wear ring

Quote Originally Posted by dannyUAL767 View Post
    I've owned my WaveRaider since it was brand new way back in 1994. Yeah, its old but it looks better than many 4-5 yr old skis. The engine runs perfectly as well.

I used to live on the Atlantic coast of Florida so I was a saltwater boater for many years. The saltwater caused my wear ring to swell and lock up the driveline. I bought a replacement, plastic (delrin?) lined wear ring from Watercraft Super Store and it works pretty good....just not good enough!

I lost about 1 1/2mph off the top end and the holeshot is pretty soft as well. I suspect that there is more clearance there than there should be.

Anyway, does anyone have a good, OEM, stainless steel lined wear ring for this ski that they'd like to sell. I'd like to get my performance back.

BTW, I kept my ski's original, saltwater swollen wear ring. I really don't think that I can repair it but I'd be willing to listen to any suggestions.
    I have a raider wear ring for ya. Great shape, only problem is the left tab on the pump shoe side is broken off... Let me know if you’re interested and I can send some pics tonight

I dream skis

Surf, I sent you another PM.

I dream skis

Good morning, guys. I've received several PMs about wear rings. Thank you for sending those to me.

Danny

Thread Information