User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Hydro Turf question

Hey guys, I have a couple winter projects going right now that I picked up last season. 1989 Kawasaki X2 650 and a 1987 Kawasaki 300sx and I wanted to do this addition that I keep seeing with those bumpers that go all the way around those skis that are made from hydro turf. I was wondering if any of you guys have and pics/advice on how to cut the stuff or technique/ what kind of adhesive you used in the installation process. Pic below for reference is of a 650sx HPIM0457.jpg

Re: Hydro Turf question

Use contact Cement but make sure to let the time pass before applying.

Cut the length you need to to the front and then the sides. Thereís really no secret to it. You have to bend and form it on.

Cut it wide enough to leave about 1/2 a 3/4 of an inch hanging over the gunwale after you fold it down. After that cut it at an angle with a straight razor all the way down the ski. Donít wrap it under. Itíll take a beating from water resistance and start peeling. Smack it every 20min with a rubber mallet all the way around for a couple hours and let it sit overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home kcr357's Avatar

Sbt sells adhesive backed stuff....
    How many gerbils could a gerbil jammer jam if a gerbil jammer could jam gerbils?

"You build cheater motor's & still get smoked !!!!"
    "Its not your fault. You just don't understand what you're talking about. "

Use Weldwood contact cement (red can). Cut turf to fit, sand the ski where it is being applied, then apply contact cement to both the ski and the back of the turf. Very important to let the glue sit on there until it is to the point that when you touch it doesn't stick to your finger (almost dry). Place the turf on the ski and tap it on with a rubber mallet. I noticed if you don't let the glue dry enough you will get air bubbles in the turf. Once it goes on...its on!

Is this the stuff you guys buy for the sides? https://www.pwcmuscle.com/rail-strips-hydro-turf.html
    or do you just buy a large sheet and cut it up since you'll be doing the mat type you stand on as well with he same style?

Quote Originally Posted by zxkyler View Post
    Is this the stuff you guys buy for the sides? https://www.pwcmuscle.com/rail-strips-hydro-turf.html
    or do you just buy a large sheet and cut it up since you'll be doing the mat type you stand on as well with he same style?
    Large sheet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information