User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

2001 seadoo GTX custom stereo build/ worried about stator and battery overload.

I want to put a custom 300-600 watt stereo in one of my skis. Problem is the charging system is only 180watt 15amp and im assuming thats at full throttle. I know people have some rather large stereos in there skis. Just trying to see how everyone is getting around this. I thought about running a separate deep cell battery custom mounted in the front hall.

Pros: separate system all together from the jet ski, probably could last between 7-15hrs depending on volume of stereo and battery size.

Cons: weight probably 75lbs, cost of battery, possibly would want two batteries for a camping trip

If anyone has done this or have any ideas please send any advice thank you. (im not interested in bluetooth speakers, im set on a custom stereo setup)

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home jerrspud's Avatar

Re: 2001 seadoo GTX custom stereo build/ worried about stator and battery overload.

I belive the common answer is "buy a boat"
    Jerr
    SeaDoo FAQs
    Kawi FAQs

92 Kawasaki 550SX 89 550PP, 44MM SBN carb, Westcoast exhaust, Mariner head, OceanPro rideplate
    90 Sea-Doo SP Quadra-Fin rideplate, Solas 14x19 prop, Tuned Pipe, 147 RV, Mariner intake manifold , 44MM SBN Carb, K&N performance arrestor, 91 XP hood
    96 Sea-Doo SPX X4 Hull- R&D rideplate, NuJet prop, RAM cup holder, Commercial Tiny Tach
    88 JS550
    pile of parts, but it's all there

Quote Originally Posted by JetDreams
    your finger is the trigger to success...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home kcr357's Avatar

Re: 2001 seadoo GTX custom stereo build/ worried about stator and battery overload.

Only way is to get a voltmeter and keep tabs on the voltage. Note what it is running w/o the stereo on, what the voltage is with full battery charge with the radio turned up high, then once it starts dipping down below what the voltage normally is, turn the radio off. You could add another battery, that would help, but at some point the radio will have to come off. 15 amps at 14 volts will support like 150 watts continuous with a moderately efficient amp.

Or get a boat.
    How many gerbils could a gerbil jammer jam if a gerbil jammer could jam gerbils?

"You build cheater motor's & still get smoked !!!!"
    "Its not your fault. You just don't understand what you're talking about. "

Thread Information