Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Regular

X2 SBN44 Rebuild

Possibly an obvious question but I need to confirm before moving forward with it. Have a sbn44 set up on my x2. It is tuned pretty well with a good idle, bottom hit, and top end ride. The diaphragm on the carb has recently started to leak gas into the hull from the weep hole after riding or while sitting. From my understanding, I can open it up and rebuild the diaphragms in the carb without having to touch anything tuning wise.

I want to be able to rebuild the carb diaphragms without messing with how its tuned or adjusting any needles. Is this ok to do?
    Learning what I can.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

Re: X2 SBN44 Rebuild

yep

Re: X2 SBN44 Rebuild

Here is the Mikuni 44 manual if you don't have it.
    http://www.mikuni.com/pdf/sbn_manual.pdf
    Don't be too worried about tuning your carb. It's pretty easy to do. The manual link I posted will tell you how in an in depth way. Unless you move those needles a bit you may never have it tuned as well as it could be. If it runs good then you wont be able to mess it up too bad by turning the screws. You have to change jets, n&s size or pop off pressure to make a big difference. If the diaphragm is bad you really should install an entire new carb kit. Chances are other parts inside the carb are near the end of their lifespan too.
    87 X2 650, Bad Bones head and reeds. Mariner ex manifold, Coffmans stainless steel pipe, Mariner waterbox, Jetinetics flywheel, Dales Bad attitude ign, Westcoast intake, SBN44, K&N flame arrestor, TRD throttle wheel, Bullettproof stem, Renthal bars, KVPI finger throttle, Mariner deep intake grate. Dual cooling. billet coupler set, Scat Trak 8-16, Blueprinted and extrude honed pump. PJS rip turn. 1.5 chop.

Thread Information