User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

650sx fuel line lengths

So Iím pretty new to the standup world and I picked up an 89 650sx for 650 bucks, I put new cooling lines on it, new battery, drained and added new fuel and it started right up. Now Iíve realized that the fuel lines are probably factory and theyíre dry rotting pretty bad so my first question is how much line should I buy? I want to order some online so I need a length. My next question is, what has everyone done about the kill switch? Iím new to this and I need one before my ski ends up on the other side of the lake without me lol

Re: 650sx fuel line lengths

i have an X2 i just put new fuel lines on I went to fuel-line.com you want to get the 1/4" they have some cool colors. As for length i would be on the safe side and get extra or take a few ballpark measurements on your current lines. I got 20 feet and had about 6ft extra.

Start/Stop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS1BBxZuM-U
    Last edited by Brandon577; 03-07-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon577 View Post
    i have an X2 i just put new fuel lines on I went to fuel-line.com you want to get the 1/4" they have some cool colors. As for length i would be on the safe side and get extra or take a few ballpark measurements on your current lines. I got 20 feet and had about 6ft extra.

Start/Stop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS1BBxZuM-U
    Yeah thatís where I was looking at lines, Iíll look around and see what I can find about the kill switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that attached link for the YouTube video looks like they just swapped the 650 faceplate for a 550 one that has a lanyard under the stop button. I'm assuming the same could be done using a 750 faceplate.

PWCToday Regular

You need a lanyard kill switch faceplate off a TS, thats the only one that will bolt up to the stock 650 kill switch pod. 550 one will not.

As far as fuel lines, stay away from the colored ones if you want stuff to last, go to the auto parts store get proper 1/4in fuel line meant for lower pressure fuel injection (50 psi) and you will never have an issue. I picked up 12ft or so to do my ski.
    Last edited by nd4spdbh; 03-07-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Thread Information