Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Guru

Impeller help 750sx cavitation issues

Skis is the one in my sig. Cavitates like a mother, still using the stock prop. I have a Solas in my spare pump but it's pretty beat up and it might still be the same pitch.

I'd like to get more top end out of my rig as that's what my motor is built for. What's a really high pitched prop that will still give me good overall performance?

Stock prop pitch is 9/17. My buddy suggested something along the lines of up to 20 degrees or more.
    1988 Kawasaki JS550/ Jetsport head, Westcoast pipe, PJS exhaust mani, SBN44 Westcoast velocity stack, quadrafin rideplate, westcoast intake grate, skat prop, custom paint, 4 deg bars, finger throttle

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

Re: Impeller help 750sx cavitation issues

If you do have the stock impeller in your ski then it's an aluminum 14/19. The sxi had the first stainless impeller for a 750 and it was a 9/17.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

PWCToday Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BLRider View Post
    If you do have the stock impeller in your ski then it's an aluminum 14/19. The sxi had the first stainless impeller for a 750 and it was a 9/17.
    I have a solas prop in my spare pump but it's not in the best shape and I'm not sure what it is.

I just want to be able to make use of the top end of my motor
    1988 Kawasaki JS550/ Jetsport head, Westcoast pipe, PJS exhaust mani, SBN44 Westcoast velocity stack, quadrafin rideplate, westcoast intake grate, skat prop, custom paint, 4 deg bars, finger throttle

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

I bave a 10/16 big hub swirl in my sxi with a big pin and it has real nice top end speed.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I have a nice standard Skat 12/20 that should be a good match for that setup, ill give you a good deal on it. Otherwise if you want something new, I love the Solas Concord 12/18 that I have on my sxi.
    -95 750SXI
    -86 440 with PJS800 conversion - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=466927
    -90 TS650
    -91 300SX

PWCToday Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bandit88 View Post
    I have a nice standard Skat 12/20 that should be a good match for that setup, ill give you a good deal on it. Otherwise if you want something new, I love the Solas Concord 12/18 that I have on my sxi.
    PM me what you'd have to have for the 12/20

Turns out the stock pitch is 14/19 according to Impros. They call for a 13/18 or 9/17

Just sent a PM. Thanks
    -95 750SXI
    -86 440 with PJS800 conversion - http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=466927
    -90 TS650
    -91 300SX

Thread Information