Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

F12x turbo replacement

Hi All,
    ‘I have read a few posts on what options are available when needing to replace the Aquatrax turbo.
    i was hoping there may be a few more options available as the last posts are quite old.
    Is my best option to buy a replacement turbo from jetskiint.com?
    i saw h2oextreme was recommended elsewhere, but have seen a few negative posts about the company.
    Are there any cheaper non OEM options available?

any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Silverc; 02-23-2018 at 06:58 AM.

Re: F12x turbo replacement

Why did your turbo fail? If you replace it and don't know the reason it failed it might just fail again very quickly. You can buy just the turbo for about $450 brand new and then just mate it up with your wastegate housing assembly. The only thing holding those two parts together is a clamp , you'll have to remove 3 all lines being very careful not to lose the crush washers and of course you need to pump all the oil out tilt your ski as far down in the front as you can to keep it from running out when you pull the lines.
    Last edited by banjomaniac; 02-23-2018 at 08:30 AM.

You get it fixed yet?
    Last edited by banjomaniac; 03-02-2018 at 03:29 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks for the info. I have ordered another cartridge and am just waiting for it to clear customs. Could you please explain the crush washers? Also, is the ski tilted forwards to prevent the oil from running out of the lines? Can’t you just completely drain the oil and refill?
    I am not exactly sure why the turbo failed. The hypothesis is that the wastegate actuator wasn’t working properly and caused the turbo bearing to fail and it also blew out the intake seals.

You'll need to pump out all oil, then when you pull the turbo cartridge tie the oil lines up to prevent them from falling and leaking. Now the bottom oil line on the turbo that connects to the bottom of the engine right by the rear oil plug has the filter screen in it. If it were me, I would check the screen to be sure it's not clogged OR you can leave all the oil in the ski, don't disconnect that line at the bottom and after the turbo cartridge is off run the ski at idle for about 5 to 10 seconds and with that line in a cup or container, see if oil pumps out. If it flows out pretty good then screen is probably ok. If you pull that line off at the bottom of the engine there are two crush washers, one on each side of the line that seal it from leaking, I think they're brass and they'll fall off if you're not careful and they'll roll under your engine and you lose them, and tilting the ski all the way down so when you pull that bottom line off oil doesn't run out everywhere but you still need a pan under that line because you will lose some oil even though you pumped it all out.

The turbo definitely failed for a reason, either oil starvation or water intrusion. i would recommend checking the screen on the bottom bolt on the feed hose before you connect the new turbo.
    Brian Brocksmith
    813-786-4418
    http://jetskisint.com
    Free Aquatrax Tech support
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jet-S...91943504243227

Listen to Skidoc, he knows these Honda's better than anyone!

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks both. Really appreciate the help... turbo has been fitted now and lines and screens cleaned. Turbo started for a few seconds and seemed to run ok. Then came up with fault code 47 and switches off.
    The engine was removed for the job as other checks were being carried out.
    Supposedly the error 47 is a ECT related issue. Any ideas on what to check and how to solve this?

From what I read online...

Faulty cooling system
    • Loose or poorly connected ECT sensor
    connector
    • Open or short circuit in the ECT sensor
    wire
    • Faulty ECT sensor
    • Engine operates below 3,000
    rpm when the coolant temperature
    is 85 – 95C (185 –
    203F)
    • Engine does not start when
    the coolant temperature is
    above 95C (203F)

It's a $13 sensor so that's good. I would check to make sure it's connected the connection is clean follow the wire to make sure it all looks good. I think there are 2 ect sensors but without looking it up not positive. How long did it run? Low RPM at idle can do it, make sure all water passages and the pump filter are clear etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information