Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Yammie Guru's

PWCToday Regular

Yammie Guru's

Well, I couldn't resist. Went and looked at the 97 1100, and the hull and seats are mint. It wont run, but for what I got it for its a good deal. Here's my question, figured the motor was toast, put a hot battery in it, and its seems to locked up. Looking over what I could in the dark, found where a oil line had come off, some oil in the bilge. Do you think it only locked up top half, or toasted the whole engine? Thanks in advance for any advice, before I tear into it.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Re: Yammie Guru's

It will depend on how long it was run after the oil line came off. You wont know until you tear it down how bad the damage is.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Just fixed a WR1100 , fuel pump quit , slowly , and overheated rear hole and windowed cases and almost threw rod , finally died , rebuild fuel pump when you build that engine , on this one all oil lines were connected , still changed the oil pump anyways and verified all lines pumping oil to air box , of course premix first tank of fuel also , keep fingers crossed it's just a seizure

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KB2017 View Post
    Well, I couldn't resist. Went and looked at the 97 1100, and the hull and seats are mint. It wont run, but for what I got it for its a good deal. Here's my question, figured the motor was toast, put a hot battery in it, and its seems to locked up. Looking over what I could in the dark, found where a oil line had come off, some oil in the bilge. Do you think it only locked up top half, or toasted the whole engine? Thanks in advance for any advice, before I tear into it.
    Pull the pump out first it may be just the pump liner swelled up....

PWCToday Regular

engine is toast, rod broke, and beat the bejebees out of the inside of engine....

Thread Information