Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2000 rx problems

Either way with stock mpem depending on pipe you will see only differences in low mid range between single aftermarket pipe and twin fp.
    For example all aftermarket pipes will give you better accelaration in low mid and better high as well. But as long as you hit the rev limiter you limit the ski there. Also there are 2 types of twin pipes. Short ones and longs ones. But if i recall correct we talk about an rx they wont fit there only single pipe. If we compare money and how rare it is, i bet you will end up in white pipe plus manifold. If you water jet it as well it an be as pretty good deal or what you will have paid. I have all kind of pipes ive tried em all depending on your usage rec or racing you shall choose the pipe. If you want rec riding then you have to choose how much tuning you are willing to do and how much cash you wanna spend. What i can suggeest are the following combinations and i will add aprox cash needed
    Option 1:
    White pipe & white manifold they sell from 200-300 i've seen a ported manifold and white pipe for 350 as well but it was worth it. and hard jet it to get the most out of it. You wont need any rev limiter but you will have to raise compression get a solas 15/20 even 15/21 if you run premium and more than 160 compression.

Option 2:
    It's either single coffman pipe but GSXL one which is shorter and the only one that fits your ski
    For this pipe you definetaly need water injection cause it helps low mid range a lot.
    Pipe price varies from time to time some lucky guys have bought last year from the lowest i can recall 600 but a mint one goes 800+ and you need to preasure test it before you buy it. Also you have to get it with the adaptor as well and after that you need the ECWI. Most of the ECWI and most common ones are microtouch the lowest youll pay for one is 100 up to 200 depending on type condition and period it will pop,
    Another better ECWI is msd there are 2 types the 4259 and the 42595. They have more options regarding the water shut down.
    The 4259 sells from 150 to 250 even more sometimes f.e. one sold 350 last week on ebay and the 42595 model sells from 200-300 easily it can be programmed from your laptop.
    After that you need at least a rev limiter. Either a microtouch rev limiter or you get an rxx mpem or reprogram your own mpem but it aint easy to find someone to do those days. I know one guy only who does it. Either way we talk about minimum 300 to 500 dollars depending on your choise.

Option 3:
    Same like option 2 but a rossier pipe plus manifold same like gsxl almost but a rare gem i have one and trust me i will never sell it but it needs compression and timing and a ecwi.

Option 4:
    Get an XPL twin short ones which are easier to find and not as racing as the short ones, get an rxx mpem throw it in an aftermarket head and get a set of beach house or worx sponsors an impeller, and you have a great ski.

P.S. After spending the last 5 years money on all the above i would have done the following
    White pipe / manifold, stock intake machined down 12mm and aftermatket moto tashinari v force 2 reeds for durability, ada head with 46cc domes, 15/21 impeller and reprogrammed mpem from tim at novi tec with advanced timing to run on premium gas. And aftermarket sponsors for better handling. Worths every dollar up to there. If you wanna go faster than this set up which is 65 mph but solid gps and fast ones trust me lots of tuning needed and lots of cash.

Regards
    Anastasios

Frequent Poster

Thank you, that was very informing. Only thing I question here is why wouldnít the twin pipes fit my rx. The rxx has the same hull and pipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Poster

Sadly for me the Coffman and Rossier pipes are out of budget.

Frequent Poster

I did read twins were not good for hard wave riding as they will crack from impact

I just cracked my twin fp this morning -_- pics to come later on

Frequent Poster

Dang I really wanted the bad *** look of the twins but that puts it out for me, I only ride the surf and love wave jumping. Guess Iíll be going white pipe unless an unreal deal comes along on a different single pipe.

Frequent Poster

Just scored a white head pipe for $55 shipped. My big bore kit is in the mail. Itís all gonna come together nicely. Now just need a head

You need the white manifold as well. It is crucial. White manifold is 2mm wider.

Frequent Poster

Was told I could port the existing manifold to match.

Yeah you can but it needs a lot of work. It worths porting you wont regret it

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information