Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Frequent Poster

2002 Sea Doo XP oil leak

Just picked up a 2002 Sea Doo XP that has been in storage since 2006. I pulled the carbs and rebuilt them with new needle and seats. I noticed the oil tank is almost empty. I know most of the time they leak from grommet on the bottom of the oil tank. I added some oil to see if I could track down the leak. There is no sign of a oil leak anywhere. So far I have checked the bottom of the oil tank, the line going to the oil pump of the front of the motor and the lines going to the intake. Am I missing anything????

Since the carbs are off, how hard is it to block/cap off those fittings on the intake? Every time I've done this in the past the motor has been out of the ski.

Thanks for your help.

Re: 2002 Sea Doo XP oil leak

Quote Originally Posted by terryupnu View Post
    Just picked up a 2002 Sea Doo XP that has been in storage since 2006. I pulled the carbs and rebuilt them with new needle and seats. I noticed the oil tank is almost empty. I know most of the time they leak from grommet on the bottom of the oil tank. I added some oil to see if I could track down the leak. There is no sign of a oil leak anywhere. So far I have checked the bottom of the oil tank, the line going to the oil pump of the front of the motor and the lines going to the intake. Am I missing anything????

Since the carbs are off, how hard is it to block/cap off those fittings on the intake? Every time I've done this in the past the motor has been out of the ski.

Thanks for your help.
    Just to confirm, you have filled the oil tank since purchasing and now it's empty?

For oil leaks, You can/should pressure test the oil system which will show you where the leak is.

The most likely reason for the leak will be the grommet, does it feel moist? It takes an age for the oil to leak out but you can usually see a shiny track from the oil tank down to the bottom of the hull.

Frequent Poster

Thanks for the reply Mark Marc, its looks like the section of hose from the oil filter to the oil tank is leaking. Im going to replace hose and just keep the oil injection.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home kcr357's Avatar

The seam around the tank is a common place for leaks
    How many gerbils could a gerbil jammer jam if a gerbil jammer could jam gerbils?

"You build cheater motor's & still get smoked !!!!"
    "Its not your fault. You just don't understand what you're talking about. "

Check my post for repair

Thread Information