Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

1997.5 gsx limited project help

I am trying to finish up my gsxl project. The motor and carbs have been rebuilt at the local shop. It starts and runs....but doesn't run right. The mechanic at the shop says "the voltage is all over the place" and something called the amplifier (part number 278 001 252) is the problem. Has anyone replaced this part ? What was the ski doing that pinpointed this part as the problem ? Along with the voltage issue, when I put the key on there is no beep, beep and at no point do the gauges come to life. Hoping someone has dealt with this part. thanks in advance......

PWCToday Regular

Re: 1997.5 gsx limited project help

I have the same grey deck and had a problem with the DESS not working because of that amplifier, I just removed it ( the wire plugs are the same on both sides ) the only thing it did not have after doing this is a TPS signal for the rave valves, boat started and ran OK, there is a way to wire the TPS so that it will work, My boat is in storage so I can not get to it to see the wiring changes, so no details on that, bypass it and see if that clears up your problem

Thread Information