Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

93 Kawasaki 750 ss engine removal

I need to pull the motor on my 93 kawasaki 750 ss so i can replace my bendix. I have NEVER done this! How hard is it? Is it more intimidating than it looks? It looks like i just remove throttle and choke cables, loosen exhaust and remove motor mounting bolts, slide forward and pull up. Am i correct or is there more to it than what i am thinking? I have looked for videos on you tube or step by step instructions but cant find any. Also, do i need a engine hoist or can i just pick it up? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Re: 93 Kawasaki 750 ss engine removal

You got it! You only left out disconnecting the stator and big power and ground cables (red & black). Itís more intimidating looking than anything. The first time you do it, you think youíre performing brain surgery. After doing it a few times, you can pull a motor in less than half an hour easy. Jump in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PWCToday Newbie

Where is the stator located? Ya, i forgot to add the positive and negative cables. I think i will give it a try. Hopefully it all goes well!

Stator is front of engine black cable comes out and runs to the connection on the electric box. The connection is attached to the e box with two 10 mm bolts. Remove those 2 bolts and disconnect the 2 white connectors. Now the stator is disconnected from the e box. Disconnect the black cable from the negative battery terminal. Disconnect the red cable on the w box that goes to the engine (under the exhaust to the starter actually) and (oh wait, almost forgot!) the water line to the exhaust manifold and the engine is disconnected.

PWCToday Newbie

Sounds great! I will be attempting this here in the next week hopefully. Thank you very much for the help/suggestions!

Enjoy!

Thread Information