Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Resident Guru

Conversion ski 951

I am looking for guidance for using stock electronics, and hpw to simplify them. I am using a 1998 GSXL as donor ski. Looking to simplify the stock electronics, would like to keep the raves the way they are. I have heard of others doing the same thing just haven't found any threads with specifics. Currently building a test board to do a little trial and error. Want to eliminate everything except the temp sensor, raves, DESS, STOP/START and ignition. Should have test stand up and running by Saturday.
    Last edited by Hydro-Mike; 01-31-2018 at 08:00 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Matt Braley's Avatar

Re: Conversion ski 951

Sounds like you are just leaving the gauges and speedo paddle wheel out unless you have a 97.5 "grey ghost" donor and then you will want to leave the solenoid off of the carbs.

What hull are you putting it in?

Resident Guru

Good morning Matt. Yes and don't want the tanks sensors, mode/set buttons can go, VTS stuff also. I am trying to use the stock pipe first(known performance) then when I switch to the coffman Xpl pipe I will hit you up. I swapped the Xpl pipe last night to check clearances you gain 1.5" of clearance. This is going in a Air Blair fixxy, Jeff is finishing it right now. I will be bringing it down to your town in May.

Resident Guru

Well got the test rig set up and started unplugging things as I went and talk about anticlimactic. I have the rear box connected as normal with the lead from the MPEM ,stator connected and the TPS and temp and thats it. And it runs fine. Now I can pair down the harness by about 80%.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Matt Braley's Avatar

Nice. You can get the little silicone fillers for the holes in the MPEM plugs that don't have wires in them.

Resident Guru

Matt, your fu is better than mine. Do they actually make a port seal for the MPEM. Looked but didn't find.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

No, you pop the amp connector apart and pull the wires out. Then fill the remaining holes with the little silicone plugs. Then install the connector onto the mpem.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Resident Guru

OK cool.

Thread Information