User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Need opinions on my barbed water fitting on my x2 650

I've got a 650 motor from someone. My marbles are rolling in my head about the barb fittings. (See pics)

Think I should plug that barb fittings in the middle of the manifold and then run it to the left side of the manifold?

And same with the head. My ada superjet head had the both the outlet water barb fittings on the far side of the head

Think the motor will cool evenly like this? I'll be running two cooling lines from the pump.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Need opinions on my barbed water fitting on my x2 650

I looked through the x2 dual cooling thread that's 43 pages long (mostly bs) but found a couple mixed opinions. Wonder what else you guys think. This motor was recently over bored. Maybe the previous guy seized it up from running too hot. Who knows. Thanks again

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home mcn6's Avatar

Won't matter one way or the other. Exhaust manifold gasket restricts cooling water flow to the cylinder anyway. Also, wouldn't worry about one of the barbed fittings coming out on the intake side of the head either.

Home of Newmiller Machine

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcn6 View Post
    Won't matter one way or the other. Exhaust manifold gasket restricts cooling water flow to the cylinder anyway. Also, wouldn't worry about one of the barbed fittings coming out on the intake side of the head either.

Yep!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

I would for sure replace the exhaust manifold with a 90 or newer OEM Kawi manifold, they came with diverters in them and it will make a performance difference for sure. Should be around $50
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BLRider View Post
    I would for sure replace the exhaust manifold with a 90 or newer OEM Kawi manifold, they came with diverters in them and it will make a performance difference for sure. Should be around $50
    Dooe! Thanks guys for all the great responses. I actually have a spare 91 stock motor I can steal the mani off of. What's difference about a diverter?

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo718 View Post
    Dooe! Thanks guys for all the great responses. I actually have a spare 91 stock motor I can steal the mani off of. What's difference about a diverter?
    The diverter is a bridge between the two cylinders inside the exhaust stream, it keeps the exhaust charge from one cylinder from contaminating the other.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BLRider View Post
    The diverter is a bridge between the two cylinders inside the exhaust stream, it keeps the exhaust charge from one cylinder from contaminating the other.
    Right on I'll tap the other mani with a fitting and get it rockin and rolling. Thanks for the advice again. I'll post pics of when I'm done. I'm looking for a lanyard start stop switch instead of the stock one. But I have no idea what I should replace it with. Any ideas? Wire in one of a 550?

If you have a 650 as or an x2 then all you'll need is the faceplate from a 650 TS and it'll bolt right on, no wiring.

Thanks for the great advice!!! Hard to find good help now days on these things

Thread Information