550SX...threaded brass T-fitting (cooling water) that screws into cylinder head....
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Regular

550SX...threaded brass T-fitting (cooling water) that screws into cylinder head....

Anyone have an idea what thread that is? Mine broke off and I want to tap another hole to screw a new one in. Unless someone has a better idea...?

Thanks,
    Dan

Top Dog

Re: 550SX...threaded brass T-fitting (cooling water) that screws into cylinder head..

1/8th" npt.
    those fittings are brass and easy to remove with an easy out.

PWCToday Regular

Re: 550SX...threaded brass T-fitting (cooling water) that screws into cylinder head..

Just to follow up with this, I tried an easy out right off the bat, but the broken brass fitting is soft, and the easy out seemed to push the brass harder into the casting, but definitely not helping.

I'll try tapping it out with 1/8 npt, but I assume the threads will be ruined as the tap will probably chew them up as it cleans out the brass.

But there is room to drill and tap for a new hole, so I am not out of the game yet...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home mcn6's Avatar

Since the easy out didn't work simply drill it out bigger one drill size larger at a time until you can pick out what is left of the brass threads. Then thread deeper with a 1/8 NPT tap.

Home of Newmiller Machine

Thread Information