Factory 550 reed pipe and waterbox. How rare?
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Factory 550 reed pipe and waterbox. How rare?

To make a long story short I have the above listed items that are both basically brand-new. The water box has a couple of small scratches shown in the picture just from taking it in and out of ski one time. I will not be using the water box no matter what as it is obnoxiously loud. Really loud, at least it was in my ski. I mounted both in my ski at the same time and incorrectly blamed the pipe for the noise level. Removed the pipe, kept the water box in and it was still just as loud. So then I took the water box out also returning it to stock. Considering putting the pipe back in my ski before selling it this spring or summer. I have about given up trying to figure out what these are worth because I can't find anybody selling them. If anybody could help me figure out what these are worth it would help me decide which direction to go. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Factory 550 reed pipe and waterbox. How rare?

Lots of waterboxes floating around. Not many late model reed pipes like yours.

Frequent Poster

I think Factory pipe still sell the waterboxes

Top Dog

and as op stated,the h20 boxes are loud so used price is in accordance.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by restosud View Post
    and as op stated,the h20 boxes are loud so used price is in accordance.
    I actually have mixed emotions about even selling the water box, knowing it will then be used to annoy other boaters and people that live along the shoreline somewhere. Very disappointing purchase. In the late 80s I had a chance to ride a 550 that had a mariner aluminum water box. It was the stamped aluminum type like the factory pipe product. Only difference it wasn't all that loud and had just plain awesome tone and sound.

PWCToday Newbie

Interested pm sent

PWCToday Newbie

Ill make you an offer...

Ill take both...and since the factory water box is a liability...Ill pay the shipping and take them off your hands - I dont have a 550...but will store indefinitely so that no boater or home owners will be annoyed. BRAAAAAAPPPPPPP
    Last edited by Screaming Beaver; 03-08-2018 at 10:23 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

I know some of you guys have PM'd me and I tried to respond. Sorry if I missed anyone. I bought all new clamps and a new 3/8" high temp silicone bypass line and took a few new pictures. Whether I mount it on my ski or sell it I wanted it to be a complete package. Would you guys agree that if I sell it I should list it in the parts for sale thread so everyone interested has a fair chance? And what is the best way to transfer funds? I know that I'm an honest guy but there doesn't seem to be any way for you guys to know. I thought about requesting half the price by paypall and I'd send everything except chamber body. Then send that after I get payment number two. Am I over analyzing this? Just want the buyer to have no worries. I think two packages is a good idea anyway as this thing is like new and I would like it to arrive that way if I sell. Sorry for the rambling.

IMAG0678.jpgIMAG0671.jpgIMAG0670.jpg

PWCToday Newbie

Just use PayPal and have the buyer pay the 3% so you are not losing out on the fees. You get your money instantly and if the buyer sends the money for goods and services both parties are covered.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home mcn6's Avatar

Items for sale belong in the for sale forum and use PayPal goods and services. Seller pays fees... Keep it simple and price accordingly.

Home of Newmiller Machine

Thread Information