Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Homemade lift

PWCToday Newbie

Homemade lift

In case anybody has either thought about building a lift or tried to build a lift attached are a few pictures of mine built out of 2 55 gallon drums. a leafblower motor provides the air; the lift pivots on the front plate using dock post attachments I got from Menards. to keep the whole thing from sinking when the air is out of the barrels I use a pool noodle fastened across the back to provide just enough flotation to keep the lift semi-submerged when down. Really works well - and was fun to build. Ski has sat on the lift now (covered) for 8 months. simply pull the ski up on the bunks and turn on the air - the blower blows water out and the unit lifts - once lifted shut the black valve to seal - just like a Hydrohoist lift would work.
    IMG_0408.JPGIMG_0409.JPGIMG_0475.JPG

Re: Homemade lift

This is a pretty cool idea you have brought forth!
    Thank you for sharing!
    93' 750sx

PWCToday Guru

Very good!! There is a site called http://www.homemadetools.net/ They would be very interested in your lift design.
    2, 1998 TS 770 L, restored and running great. (Except for the one with engine that SBT put the WRONG crankshaft bearing into and is now sitting as I collect repair parts)

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home pwgsx's Avatar

Interesting, I like the leaf blower mod as well! Nice!
    16 RXP-X 300
    JS 550 with 650 Conversion

04 RXP - w/mods - SOLD
    99 GSX Limited #1- SOLD
    99 GSX Limited #2- SOLD
    96 XP- SOLD
    95 XP- SOLD
    94 750sx- w/mods- SOLD
    94 SN Superjet- w/mods- SOLD
    04 Speedster 200 -SOLD

PWCToday Regular

Nice looking old venture, also.

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks ! its a 95 - got it from a friend who had started to rebuild the motor but didn't know what he was doing. I finished the job and also deleted the oil injection so it runs on 40/1 premix now. I expected the motor to run a bit lean after deleting the oil injection (given the viscosity difference of oil/gas vs straight gas) but it seems to run just fine and the plug color is correct.

PWCToday Regular

I've got (2) 96's, I removed oil injection from both, and also run 40/1. Don't have any issues with either one. The are great riding skis.

PWCToday Newbie

So some of you will laugh - but I fish with mine and find it ideal. A very small trolling motor (made for a toy rubber raft) fits on a bracket I made and pivots off the back of the ski. it plugs into a socket that runs to an additional gel cell battery. The front storage under the hatch has been converted into a livewell. Transducer is mounted on the back and cord runs to a Lowrance sonar. The ski is very stable- I can sit backwards and maneuver using the trolling motor and get to casting structure that I could never get to in a boat - great for spring crappie and bluegill. When its time for the girls to ride I simply unclip the trolling motor and fish finder.

Quote Originally Posted by KB2017 View Post
    I've got (2) 96's, I removed oil injection from both, and also run 40/1. Don't have any issues with either one. The are great riding skis.

Thread Information