Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rxdi problems

PWCToday Newbie

rxdi problems

To start off with. I have a 03 rxdi. It got sunk in the ocean. Changed the battery and rectifier. Pulled the plugs. Blew all the water out. Had it running but was running like crap. Done a compression test and found to only be running 90 lbs at that point I pulled the heads. So here is where my 2 part question lies. Put a puller on the wrist pins. Cranked it down to the point to where i though i was right before the "Oh ****". And the pins wont budge. That and i cant turn the engine over by hand. ANy insight or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Frequent Poster

Re: rxdi problems

Do yourself a favor and just pull the motor, and take it apart, will be better to deal with it on the bench than in the hull and you need to split the bottom end anyway

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

Def agree with that. Also with mid pipe mount removed the whole pipe will come out without jacking with the big stainless clamp.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday Newbie

Yea that was my next step. I guess since this is my first time I ever done this. I wasn't understanding if it spun before it went down. WHy don't the crank turn now. That and I have a lot of insecurity about going into the bottom and making sure everything is timed right. Once I try to bring it back to life.

PWCToday Newbie

Oh i have probably torn down way more than i should. But I have pics. So I hope it goes well

Frequent Poster

Down load the manual, read the engine section , take your time , keep it clean, and you will be fine

PWCToday Newbie

I have broken the engine down. I need a new oil pump. Where do I get the oetiker clamps that goes on the 3 lines from the oil pump and what size are they

Quote Originally Posted by cableg1020 View Post
    I have broken the engine down. I need a new oil pump. Where do I get the oetiker clamps that goes on the 3 lines from the oil pump and what size are they
    Most people just use high quality cable/zip ties, they work fine. Replace the oil lines as they are known to go bad. If not, your newly built engine may just go boom. Tycon fuel lines are a great replacement for the oil lines and are widely used.
    Last edited by Marky_Marc; 02-27-2018 at 09:31 PM.

I dream skis

Try McMaster-Carr.

PWCToday Newbie

ok It has been rebuilt and i am down to three problems. 1] The maint. is flashing along with the red light 2] I have water coming into the hull. It looks like from back by the exhaust as the two plastic pieces around the back exhaust where the water separator is. It has a separation in them. 3] the starter will kick the Bendix out but it doesn't hit everytime.. It is just a loud whine. Which it didn't do when the motor came out. And it looked tight when it went in. Please don't tell me i need to pull the motor again to get the Bendix out.. But i know you may

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information