Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: 2007 Water in oil

Is this my “smoking gun?” Bottom o ring on the oil cooler looks melted to me
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWCToday Newbie

Stuff embedded on the gasket does not come off

I have a hard time believing if it was seeping ever-so-slightly around that O-ring that your oil would look that bad but it might? I pulled the motor and pulled the oil pan and cleaned out the gunk, some guys do some don't. Does the turbo spin free?

Here was my oil pan, it's alot of work to get all the gunk out.oil pan.jpg
    Last edited by banjomaniac; 01-26-2018 at 11:14 AM.

PWCToday Newbie

Yes. Turbo spins freely

When you tested the exhaust manifold you plugged all the hoses up and left one of the bigger hoses off stuck the hose in there and turn the hose pressure on and you have to try to hold it on there it's going to want to blow back out is that what you did? The reason I ask this is because most of the time when you're getting water in the oil you can run it on a garden hose with water flowing through the exhaust and you won't get any water in the oil but when you put the ski in the lake and ride the ski the pressure is many times greater that's when the water gets in the oil so it takes a lot of pressure to get through a pin hole in your exhaust manifold that's all it takes.

PWCToday Newbie

Yes. I just tested it again just to be sure. Plugged 3 exists and connected the hose to the other end. Full hose pressure - Nothing comes out of the exhaust. I just tested the oil cooler with my compressor as well. Dunked in water, connected my air line to one end and held super tight to the other end. Not much PSI but that didn't leak ether.

Removed the intercooler and connected the water hose to one end and plugged the other. That holds pressure as well. Nothing comes out.

Other than the o rings, I have nothing obvious. Looked at the plugs - all have normal carbon build up. No clean ones.

I hate to think it's a cracked block

Sounds like you checked it all, put new o'rings on and flush your oil about four or five times and then try it. Last time I did it I pulled the oil line off underneath where the rear oil fill hole is when I drained it all tilt of the trailer all the way down put some Rags under there pulled the oil line took that bold out don't lose the crush washers and check that screen if you had water in your oil bad you could have debris that blocks that screen you'll be buying a new Turbo so it's worth checking.

So I'm guessing you bought this like it is?
    Last edited by banjomaniac; 01-27-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Did you pull the plugs and look at them? A compression test might rule out the head gasket or other engine problems that could be the problem. Most of the guys who work on these told me if you leave the water and oil mix in your engine to long it will rust. If it won't start first thing to check is plugs, mine got to where it would fire and try to start and after I changed the plugs it fired right up. If it sat that long with water in the oil it might need to be pulled and gone through but who knows. If you pull the engine pay close attention to the engine mounts/shims to get it bake the same and aligned.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information