Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

2007 Water in oil

I have a 2007 aquatrax turbo with water in oil. I pulled the exhaust manifold out. How do I test it?

Also the ski has been sitting for about a year with this issue. Am I in trouble with the motor?

It does crank freely. Also tries to start and run. Turbo also spins freely

Thanks for all the help

PWCToday Newbie

Re: 2007 Water in oil

I read several posts here about manifold being the culprit. I just donít see how. Did they change this with 2007?
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you don't find a problem with the manifold, check tube that goes from the oil tank to the bottom of the block. I bought one last summer that had the same problem and this tube had about 4 little holes. You could see a water mark so I know the ski sat up and got water into the hull and it went into the motor. You have to pull the motor to see it. It's a $10 part and you can pull the pan to change it out. The reason I suspected it was when I changed the oil it would end up in the hull. Runs great now.
    Last edited by spatera; 01-23-2018 at 08:00 PM.
    03 Honda F12X Red of course
    Jim's Alpha Boost kit, H2O ECU Modulator, Large Intercooler, Solas intake grate and Impeller

07 Honda F12X Saphire Blue
    MacBoost, Large intercooler, solas intake grate and impeller.

Used to have:
    98 GP760, 97 GTX Sea Doo, 97 GP1200, 02 Honda F12X, 2-03 Honda F12X, 05 SeaDoo GTX Supercharged

Need to have:
    F15X

Almost every time there is oil and water mixed in the engine it is the exhaust manifold I just took care of this myself. Here is a link for my test, plug up the small hoses all but 1, put the hose on that one and turn it on, if water comes out the exhaust then it's bad BUT sometimes it only does it when it's hot. You need to get that oil flushed out or it will rust plus you might have sand or other debris that can clog up some ports including the banjo bolt screen leaking to the turbo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o1C9FmFi68g

I meant leading to the turbo, stupid phone��

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks so much for the replies - I'm not very familiar with these engines. I have the exhaust manifold out. But I don't see any oil lines running into the manifold. There are water passages but no oil. Sorry for ignorance but how does oil and water mix in the exhaust manifold? There is milky oil everywhere in the engine but not in the exhaust manifold.

The ski had a cracked oil cooler cover/ oil tank in the front that was leaking water into the hull due to not being winterized. I'm assuming water froze and cracked the cover. So I was thinking it was possibly a cracked oil cooler but I see no cracks in it ether.

Ok, the exhaust manifold has a jacket on the outside of it that water flows through so you have your exhaust on the inside part and then there's a slim space all around that that water runs through that's those small hoses that come off the ends of the exhaust manifold that's all water there's no oil flowing through the exhaust manifold but what happens is in between that sleeve and exhaust manifold corrosion will corrode a hole through the exhaust part and then water will get into your engine. It'll also get into your turbo charger and your wastegate, if you check the wastegate it could be stiff or Frozen that is due to corrosion sometimes attributed by water spraying into your turbo and wastegate only thing that should be in there is exhaust gas.

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks so much. I tested the manifold. No water coming out of exhaust. Ran hose at full pressure and nothing comes out. I think I can rule out the Manifold at this point.

What else should I look for? I have the oil cooler. How do I test that?

Are you seeing any oil in the hull?
    03 Honda F12X Red of course
    Jim's Alpha Boost kit, H2O ECU Modulator, Large Intercooler, Solas intake grate and Impeller

07 Honda F12X Saphire Blue
    MacBoost, Large intercooler, solas intake grate and impeller.

Used to have:
    98 GP760, 97 GTX Sea Doo, 97 GP1200, 02 Honda F12X, 2-03 Honda F12X, 05 SeaDoo GTX Supercharged

Need to have:
    F15X

PWCToday Newbie

I have oil in the hull now since I removed the oil cooler cover / oil tank. Everything leaked into the hull but I had none before. I know the ski was left in the cold without winterizing and the oil cooler cover cracked and was spraying water into the hull. So I figured i'll look for any obvious signs around the oil cooler but I don't see a smoking gun.

Could I have a cracked block?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information