Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

New yamaha SJ turbo ?

Existe a possibilidade de que um dia a Yamaha vai fabricar um jato stand up turbo para competir com o novo sxr 4 stroke?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: New yamaha SJ turbo ?

Sim, mas acho que não é provável em um futuro próximo. O novo SXR não teve grandes resultados de vendas que estimularam a Yamaha a desenvolver e comercializar um novo standup. Qualquer coisa com um motor de quatro tempos exigirá um casco muito maior e mais pesado que o atual Superjet. O Superjet 2017 pesa 139 kg e o 2017 SXR pesa 249 kg. Um grande SJ pesado seria totalmente diferente.

Muitos revendedores nos EUA reduziram os preços no novo SXR provavelmente até o ponto em que os vendem no custo da fatura. O primeiro lote de unidades finalmente está sendo vendido após cerca de um ano no chão. Eles não venderam tão rápido quanto os modelos sentados.
    (pelo Google tradutor)

And for our English speakers:

Yes, but I do not think it is likely in the near future. The new SXR has not had big sales results that would entice Yamaha to develop and market a new standup. Anything with a four stroke engine will require a much larger and heavier hull than the current Superjet. The 2017 Superjet weighs 139 kg and the 2017 SXR weighs 249 kg. A big heavy SJ would be totally different.

Many dealers in the USA have reduced prices on the new SXR probably down to the point where they are selling them at the invoice cost. The first batch of units are finally selling out after about one year on the floor. They haven't sold as quickly as the sit down models.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

inkman,

I think if Yamaha did it the right way, a proper sized, four stroke machine would have a much healthier market. A French company, (Ligier) made a prototype SJ sized ski with what looks to be a 3 cylinder engine under the hood.

I spent a couple of days with a loaner SXR 1500 and it was just too damn big for me to consider it a stand up ski. It felt like a couch with a pole and tray. Way to stable and boring compared to a current SJ or 800SXR. Hell.. The first time I rode an 800SXR, I thought it was big. But, the 800 is a lean machine compared to the 1500SXR.

I would be a buyer for a modern, SJ sized, four stroke machine. Based on the consensus of my riding buddies... I have to believe a more lean and athletic four stroke will have considerably more demand.

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.p...6473&highlight=
    Last edited by JSNate; 01-16-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Under 300 Lbs! And the music in the video is pretty cool as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6S3Z-l3JgE

I have yet to see a Ligier in person. It still sounds like vaporware to me right now. I would suspect that to get under 300 lbs it would have at least partially carbon fiber construction which would drive up the cost beyond the reach of most buyers. Personally, I would like to own a four stroke lightweight standup. But even the SXR 800 is too heavy for my likes.

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

Mi no habla espanole, mi es muy blanco.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Girlfriends ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 84mm 61x, ported, protec pipe, Groupk head 175psi w/protec girdle, protec ride plate, MSD coil, UMI grate, Roundnose pole -4", rev footholds, sweet green turf+wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

Blog Entries

Thanks Nate

Quote Originally Posted by barlosbhz View Post
    Thanks Nate
    No problem. Welcome to PWCtoday. I hope one day that a more athletic, four stroke stand up ski will be mass produced. Most likely would have to come from Yamaha if at all. I think the Ligier shows that it is possible and feasible. Even if it were to be a fiberglass or SMC hull. It would still likely weigh far less than an SXR800 that tips the scales near 400 lbs.

I don't think the price of the new SXR1500 is the reason that sales may be less than expected. I think it is because the vast majority of buyers prefer a smaller and more athletic platform.

Quote Originally Posted by JSNate View Post
    I don't think the price of the new SXR1500 is the reason that sales may be less than expected. I think it is because the vast majority of buyers prefer a smaller and more athletic platform.
    Well, at least standup buyers prefer them. Couch riders seem happy with 1000 lb behemoths.

Quote Originally Posted by linkman View Post
    Well, at least standup buyers prefer them. Couch riders seem happy with 1000 lb behemoths.

Big couch skis definitely have a healthy market.. I wonder how many SXR 1500's have been made and sold to date?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information