Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Frequent Poster

Honda Aquatrax custom open straight through exhaust pipe system

I've fabricated a polished stainless steel open exhaust system for the Honda Aquatrax F12X and R-12X Turbo PWC. It bypasses the muffler and water lock. This exhaust gives this ski the nice sound the awesome Honda motor deserves without being obnoxious. Better than the sewing machine sound these machines normally put out. This exhaust sounds awesome stock or modded, I've ran it both ways. It offers better performance, throttle response & much lighter weight and obviously much better sound. Water cooled to keep it cool. The system is made of 304 stainless steel tubing & flange with high temp (400 degrees) high quality silicone couplers & high-quality T style stainless clamps. 3/8" custom water jacketed steel flange precision TIG welded to 3" stainless pipe. This system will last many years, even in salt water if properly cared for. I designed this system 2 seasons ago with no signs of degradation at this point. I make a kit for the F-12X and The R-12X of all years (2002 - 2007). This is a bolt on mod easily installed by 'DIYers' with a few common mechanics tools in about an hour or two. No drilling, cutting or welding. No mods are needed to your ski so if you wish you can go back to your stock exhaust with no issues. Everything you need including installation instructions come in the kit. They are for sale currently at $299.95 + Shipping. Contact me and I can fabricate one for you!

I try to keep them in stock and can usually ship within 1 business day. Payment taken through Paypal or Credit/Debit card.

See exhaust in action Youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__AbyHazrBU

F-12X

IMG_0531.JPGIMG_0525.JPGIMG_0532.JPG

R-12X

IMG_1187.JPGIMG_1190.JPGIMG_1195.JPG
    Last edited by trxxx250r; 01-13-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Re: Honda Aquatrax custom open straight through exhaust pipe system

Will this fix the known exhaust manifold issue?
    Jason
    \'04 F-12x
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Really cool.
    Looks like it is the back section, isn't the issue with front manifold..
    Jason
    \'04 F-12x
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Frequent Poster

The only exhaust issue I'm aware of is the interior cracking or corroding thru in the mani that bolts to the head. My exhaust has nothing to do with that.

PWCToday Newbie

This should also eliminate the clogged up cooling hole issue that might burn the stock exhaust down.

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dross99_si View Post
    This should also eliminate the clogged up cooling hole issue that might burn the stock exhaust down.
    Yeah, a few weeks ago I was reading a thread from around a year ago about a guy who was going thru hell with that issue. Spent a ton of money and a ton of time for like a year and never did seem to get it fixed. I thought, damn, if i was around then this exhaust would have solved all his problems for $300 bucks with better sound and performance to boot!

PWCToday Newbie

I recently got this exhaust for my Honda Aquatrax R-12X, and man I'm stoked! Spoke with the guy who makes them and he told me it would be about a week to fab one up and ship out. I got my exhaust in about a week. When I opened teh box i noticed its made of quality stainless with nice TIG welds, and nice silicone couplers. I was anxious to put it on as soon as it arrived so I could hear it growl on the hose. Install took about an hour, and was fairly straight forward. You will need to remove your seat brace to get the old water box out. Unless you choose to leave it in and save yourself about half an hour of labor. I fired it up on the hose and fell in love with my Honda ski all over again! I couldnt wait for summer temps so I took it out to the lake yesterday (Arizona, Ha). I love the low end growl, and was pleasantly surprised the sound wasn't deafening or droning at all in mid or high rpm range. Definitely worth the investment. Here are a few pics of the exhaust and my ski.
    IMG_1730.jpg
    IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_1731.jpg

PWCToday Newbie

Is there an exhaust gasket that should be replaced when installing the system? If so, is a new gasket included?

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dross99_si View Post
    Is there an exhaust gasket that should be replaced when installing the system? If so, is a new gasket included?
    The OEM gasket is metal so it is reused. You clean it off real good with brake cleaner then give it a thin coat of Permatex Copper spray on each side and you are good to go. We've had no leakage problems at all doing this. I've used this method on metal head gaskets and other applications throughout the years with great results. That said if you feel the need to use a new gasket, you would need to buy one, they don't come with the kit.

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks for the reply! I'll be ordering here soon

Thread Information