Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

About 1999 tigershark ts 640

Hi everyone im new to this whole jet ski thing i recently picked up a 1999 ts 640 tigershark for $150,and of the bat i new it was going to need work i havent had a chance to pull the engine yet .i know i need a new steering cable mine is snaped. But i got on here in hope yall can answer some my silly questions are the 2 side holes on the hull draining plugs or do they hook up to some thing ? Second iv been doing some reading it appears the front my engine is missing an oil injector and i just ditch the injector and just premix my fuel? Also where can i get an engine rebuild kit like gaskets and stuff for this engine

Resident Guru

Re: About 1999 tigershark ts 640

There is a hull drain plug on the transom, it unscrews and drops away from the port, but is captured to the fitting so you don't lose it. There is a check ball inside to prevent flooding. On the left side there is the engine hot water exit fitting. It is threaded on the inside to accept the flush hose. In the nozzle tunnel at the top is bilge pump exit fitting. On left and right sides toward the front are small plastic fittings used to vent the gas tank and battery (if I recall correctly). Cat still sells gaskets, and there may be other aftermarket suppliers. ONLY use genuine Mikuni parts for the carb, or you'll have to do it twice. You can stay with the premix scenario, just be sure the oil feed nipples on the engine are capped off.

PWCToday Newbie

How do the left and right ones in the front vent with out taken in water mine are missing whats ever threads into them ?

Resident Guru

My boats are wrapped up for the winter, but going from memory.... They are small port, right angled, and may even face rearward. The hose on the inside loops upward to prevent water intrusion.

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks again ill look again when weather here is bit better texas weather lately has really sucked .

PWCToday Newbie

These two holes cause the left one has a hose going into top of the engine .IMG_20180116_164706.jpg

PWCToday Newbie

PWCToday Newbie

Thread Information