User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Should I get rid of aluminum exhaust elbows?

Hi, I'm installing new exhaust in a 650 x2 that has those aluminum exhaust elbows at the water box. I've read that they are restrictive and its recommended to ditch those and go with bent rubber hose like the later models have. Are those elbows really that restrictive? Where to find a better option?
    Thanks for any help you guys have.

Re: Should I get rid of aluminum exhaust elbows?

They aren't a restriction worth spending money on unless you have alot of supporting mods requiring the extra airflow. If your replacing hoses because they are bad, then by all means get 1pc.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Girlfriends ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 84mm 61x, ported, protec pipe, Groupk head 175psi w/protec girdle, protec ride plate, MSD coil, UMI grate, Roundnose pole -4", rev footholds, sweet green turf+wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Should I get rid of aluminum exhaust elbows?

Quote Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
    They aren't a restriction worth spending money on unless you have alot of supporting mods requiring the extra airflow. If your replacing hoses because they are bad, then by all means get 1pc.
    Thanks bored&stroked, I donít have any mods that would benefit from more airflow so I did leave them on. If a hose goes bad in the future then maybe I can find a one piece, bent hose at an auto parts store. I appreciate the reply.

Thread Information