Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Foothold?

Frequent Poster

Foothold?

First off happy new year to everyone.. Hope is was a good one!

Looking for some input on footholds for a 2007 sxr 800. I have a couple of basic footstraps that use screws. Unfortunately I just re turfed my ski, now I think I want footholds/footsteps.

I'm not looking for crazy freestyle use, just a little extra grip for mostly chasing buoys.
    So anyone have any input as to what I should do?
    Can I use the straps I have without returfing?
    Is there other foothold products that are easy to install and can go in without returf?
    What's the best I can do with out returf?

Thanks
    Last edited by Yabadabadoo; 01-02-2018 at 12:23 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: Foothold?

There is a reason footholds are not allowed in racing...
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Any type of wedges , or u can custom built something from Turf Blocks ....if u are just rec riding you could glass in any type of aftermarket footholds , Any larger modification ( glass in footholds ) I personally think this would lessen your resale value of the ski...
    SXR 800 just aint no freestyle ski....:0) .
    KELLYHIEKE.ROCKS NEW WEBSITE CHECK IT OUT - FEMALE AMATEUR FREESTYLE

HURRICANE ECLIPSE TPE 900CC P&P Performance

94 Blaster "KAW 1100cc"

650 SC

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by whazguude View Post
    There is a reason footholds are not allowed in racing...
    Why, due to injury???

orangefinger
    Any type of wedges , or u can custom built something from Turf Blocks ....if u are just rec riding you could glass in any type of aftermarket footholds , Any larger modification ( glass in footholds ) I personally think this would lessen your resale value of the ski...
    SXR 800 just aint no freestyle ski....:0) .

For all of those I need to remove turf right?

I'm starting to think for recreational riding it might be overkill/not worth it..... Might help with subs but that's probably it???

no u can glue turf blocks , or wedges over the existing turf, its not that hard just requires proper prep work , removing turf is not that big an issue....

u wont need wedges or footholds for subs, just some practice with placing your feet , body properly and correct execution, I do /did all my subs with no footholds on my super jet...footholds would help for nose stabs etc ...

the best advise I can give to start executing subs is go much faster as u think u should , pre hop and really push that nose down and ball up ...

getting that SXR out of the water will be the hardest part

here is an old hiro video on an SXR that might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bszyn2_CsgA

there will be a couple of tricks u can pull off with that SXR but in general its not thought nor laid out to do tricks.....
    Last edited by orangefinger; 01-02-2018 at 10:35 PM.
    KELLYHIEKE.ROCKS NEW WEBSITE CHECK IT OUT - FEMALE AMATEUR FREESTYLE

HURRICANE ECLIPSE TPE 900CC P&P Performance

94 Blaster "KAW 1100cc"

650 SC

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by orangefinger View Post
    no u can glue turf blocks , or wedges over the existing turf, its not that hard just requires proper prep work , removing turf is not that big an issue....

u wont need wedges or footholds for subs, just some practice with placing your feet , body properly and correct execution, I do /did all my subs with no footholds on my super jet...footholds would help for nose stabs etc ...

the best advise I can give to start executing subs is go much faster as u think u should , pre hop and really push that nose down and ball up ...

getting that SXR out of the water will be the hardest part

here is an old hiro video on an SXR that might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bszyn2_CsgA

there will be a couple of tricks u can pull off with that SXR but in general its not thought nor laid out to do tricks.....
    Thanks!

Ya, I'm not really a huge freestyle guy anyways. I just bought this SXR and I'm just trying to get it all set up for the spring time, plus I'm bored and want to mess around with the ski...lol I've had just about every ski over the years, including the squirelly little FX-1 that was a blast to launch off wake boat wakes!
    The 750 sx's and sxi's I've rode over the years I ended up putting pump wedges on as I'm 6'6 220 pounds and they porpoised like crazy for me. I guess I'm just trying to figure out what, or if I need to do anything to this SXR for the season. Sounds like footstraps are a waste of time and not needed for me. Nothing worse than needing parts in the spring when I should be riding, especially here in Canada!

Can you send, or post a link as to where to get these turf blocks , or wedges you're talking about?

Cheers

Thread Information