pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

2002 GTX DI rebuild at 262hrs or keep going?

Just random up in the air question only because I have 260+ hrs now and I'm rebuilding the jet pump as we speak over this winter ( jet pump rebuild kit, Groupk modded Concord Impeller & Wear Ring).... 951 still runs smooth starts right up I was curious if I Should rebuild the topend over the winter or just let it go till she zonks out or at least starts to loose power and rebuild the hole thing...

I have all winter and there's plenty of hours on this 951 motor but like I stated still starts up instantly and smooth.
    “You can only be as good as you dare to be bad”

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Chester's Avatar

Re: 2002 GTX DI rebuild at 262hrs or keep going?

It's time for a complete teardown. Or you could just wait for it to come apart by itself.

Chester
    Speed is very expensive. How fast do you want to spend?

Stand up:
    98 SXi-Pro

Couches:

96 XP
    86 X2

Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    It's time for a complete teardown. Or you could just wait for it to come apart by itself.

Chester

Thanks Chester,

That's what I was thinking too, just wanted another opinion. Ill probably wait till she zonks out then if I'm rebuilding the hole thing screw it lol...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

I have a couple different customers with di machines maintained by me. One has over 400 hours. My advice would be to oreder the in-tank fuel filters and the inline filter kit and change all those. Also check/replace all oil injector lines. Most of the Di and Rfi failures i've rebuilt were from loss of fuel pressure due to clogged up filters. Go ahead and have your fuel injectors sonic cleaned and tested also. Most any performance auto shop can do that for you.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    I have a couple different customers with di machines maintained by me. One has over 400 hours. My advice would be to oreder the in-tank fuel filters and the inline filter kit and change all those. Also check/replace all oil injector lines. Most of the Di and Rfi failures i've rebuilt were from loss of fuel pressure due to clogged up filters. Go ahead and have your fuel injectors sonic cleaned and tested also. Most any performance auto shop can do that for you.

Thanks alot for the advice found a site that does Sonic clean for 20 bucks, and will get the filters ordered!

appreciate it!

Thread Information