Kidde 5BC direct replacement for X4 hull bins?
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Kidde 5BC direct replacement for X4 hull bins?

If we need replacement extinguisher, it there a direct replacement to the Kidde 5BC?

Looking around, it looks to be discontinued, and all common sources seem to have moved to the 10BC, a larger diameter frame which does NOT fit the bins allotted container correctly.

Any easy solutions?

Modeling a new pin to 3D print for my good existing extinguishers now if there is no avalible direct replacements?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home jerrspud's Avatar

Re: Kidde 5BC direct replacement for X4 hull bins?

no.. just get a small one, remove one of the plastic bins under the hood.. drill two holes for the mount.. and BAM.. all done.
    Last edited by jerrspud; 12-21-2017 at 03:32 PM.
    Jerr
    SeaDoo FAQs
    Kawi FAQs

92 Kawasaki 550SX 89 550PP, 44MM SBN carb, Westcoast exhaust, Mariner head, OceanPro rideplate
    90 Sea-Doo SP Quadra-Fin rideplate, Solas 14x19 prop, Tuned Pipe, 147 RV, Mariner intake manifold , 44MM SBN Carb, K&N performance arrestor, 91 XP hood
    96 Sea-Doo SPX X4 Hull- R&D rideplate, NuJet prop, RAM cup holder, Commercial Tiny Tach
    88 JS550
    pile of parts, but it's all there

Quote Originally Posted by JetDreams
    your finger is the trigger to success...

Kansas City, Missouri... cuz when the icecaps melt, my house becomes ocean-front property...bytches.

https://www.firstalertstore.com/stor...-Red-AUTO5.htm

The size of the handle is what is important. The height I believe is a few inches shorter, but the diameter is right.
    Last edited by SpitAndDirt; 12-23-2017 at 10:22 AM.
    96XP Wake-jumping demon #1
    96XP Wake-jumping demon #2
    99XPL Runs like it's possessed! :

02RX Current project in-work, ready to be assembled.
    A BIG THANKS to Bill O' and Chris at Watercraft Magic for putting together an excellent re-jetting and Prok filter kit for the XPL.
    I love my CanDooPro! Take that stealerships!! www.candoopro.com

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Cliff's Avatar

I found this for Ya:

http://www.atlanticjetsport.com/inde...=search_list&s[title]=Y&s[short_desc]=Y&s[full_desc]=Y&s[sku]=Y&s[match]=all&s[cid]=0&s[search]=fire+extinguisher
    What would Chuck Norris do?

Kansas City, Missouri... cuz when the icecaps melt, my house becomes ocean-front property...bytches.

I had purchased a few of these First Alerts as clearance items from a local boat dealer. They are marked 2012 year of manufacture. The part number I found on them is FE5R-PWCNA. A quick search yielded some Ebay and closeout specials. Like I said above, the design was probably rebranded as an Auto Fire Extinguisher. The one on the far left is a Kidde original equipment extinguisher for comparison. As you can see in the last photo, the FirstAlert fits fine, and yes, the cover does screw on.

FireExtinguishers.jpg

FireExtinguisherXP.jpg

A BIG THANKS to Bill O' and Chris at Watercraft Magic for putting together an excellent re-jetting and Prok filter kit for the XPL.

Just FYI everyone, there is a recall on the original Kidde Fire Extinguishers supplied from the factory. If you have a Kidde extinguisher like the one on the far left, you can get a replacement. Though in the FAQ page, they state:

"Please note, if your model is used with a personal watercraft, Kidde does not currently have an
    exact replacement for it, but is prepared to offer you a replacement extinguisher which is both
    US Coast Guard rated, and is similar in size. While it may not fit in the same location as the
    extinguisher that you currently have, there may be another space on your watercraft in which
    you can store this extinguisher."

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/ki...d#.Wfr3FggcNkQ

I know that nearly all two stroke Sea-Doo's were supplied with this style extinguisher. Mod's please make this a sticky.

Thread Information