User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

I dream skis

Yamaha Wave Venture 701 vs 760/1100 (pump Question)

I recently purchase a very low hours (under 100) Wave venture 701 that had a locked pump. I have since pulled the entire pump tunnel and pump assembly because things were so jammed I was having a heck of a time getting the pump removed otherwise (and with winter coming I just wanted to get it out and onto the bench). A friend of mine has an Venture 1100 with bad motor that he is offer me for parts, but before I take him up on the offer I have a few questions for the group…….

I know that the majority of the 701 skis run the 144mm pump and that the 760/1100 skis run the 155mm pump. With that being said, I realized the physical size of the 144&155 pumps are obviously different but is it possible to do a complete pump swap (pump tunnel to steering nozzle) or do the two pumps have different mounting applications. Any help is greatly appreciate…….

I realize that the Raiders and Venture all the 6 motor mount points to accept with a 2 or 3 cylinder motor, so does that mean the hulls can accept either the 144 or 155 pump?

I dream skis

Re: Yamaha Wave Venture 701 vs 760/1100 (pump Question)

Anyone......?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Technically, 94 (purple) raiders don't have the extra bosses for motor mounts.

144 venture/wr3 pumps can be had fairly cheap. I probably have a few. Or you can probably repair the pump you have fairly cheaply. I hate wrenching on ventures. There just isn't any room. Silly how they built such a huge ski but left no room to work on them. I really wouldn't want to bother trying to swap the driveline like you're suggesting, but it is doable.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

The 98 and up venture/xl700 use the 155 pump with a very low pitch impeller.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

I'd rebuilt the 1100 enginge before the 144 pump. It may just need a pistion. Like said above parts are cheep. You said "it's winter" rite? Take the best parts of the two and make one.

Thread Information