pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Bought a new sxr 1500 buy the warranty or Not?

Having the ski delivered next Friday. Have a couple days to decide if I opt for the extended warranty. It will take it to 5 years if I do. Yes or No? I'm obviously mostly concerned if I blow up the motor.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Re: Bought a new sxr 1500 buy the warranty or Not?

It all depends on the price of the warranty. $100? Yes. $2000? No. The engine is largely the same as has been in the STX-15F for over ten years and has a very good track record for reliability.
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

PWCToday Regular

I never buy extended warranties. I've worked in sales for years, extended warranties are a huge money maker, selling a peice of paper that most people never use, then there is the fine print so you think you're covered but your not (they would say the engine blew from misuse etc) and then the massive pain in the as s and all the time it takes to try to file a claim.... Just not worth it imo.....
    Last edited by Yabadabadoo; 12-10-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yabadabadoo View Post
    I never buy extended warranties. I've worked in sales for years, extended warranties are a huge money maker, selling a peice of paper that most people never use, then there is the fine print so you think you're covered but your not (they would say the engine blew from misuse etc) and then the massive pain in the as s and all the time it takes to try to file a claim.... Just not worth it imo.....
    The warranty is directly through Kawasaki not a third party company. It is also good for unlimited miles or hours for the duration of the coverage. It's not like the sxr has a hour meter on it anyways. And the factory warranty starts as soon as I take possession of it, this Friday Dec 15th and it probably won't see water until May of next year so there goes 4 months of coverage for just having the ski sit.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Quote Originally Posted by reddo View Post
    The warranty is directly through Kawasaki not a third party company. It is also good for unlimited miles or hours for the duration of the coverage. It's not like the sxr has a hour meter on it anyways. And the factory warranty starts as soon as I take possession of it, this Friday Dec 15th and it probably won't see water until May of next year so there goes 4 months of coverage for just having the ski sit.
    If it will just sit idle then why are you buying now instead of later?
    Riding mostly Lake Austin

1984 JS440 -- 1989 650sx -- 1991 X2 -- 1992 750sx -- 1995 900zxi (qty 2) -- 1995 X2

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    God intended PWC to be two strokes, as well as dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and chain saws....

Quote Originally Posted by linkman View Post
    If it will just sit idle then why are you buying now instead of later?
    $2250 savings

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Grumpy Old Guy's Avatar

Warrantys are only good if you need them & then ost of the time they find a way to not cover your failure.

90% of if it gets covered or dont is on the dealer.

Thread Information