User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Replacing instrument cluster difficulty?

Hi guys, I have a 2002 Aquatrax F-12x that I recently purchased and the gauge cluster is sun faded. New one should be arriving soon and Iím just wondering how much of a PITA itís gonna be to replace. I looked over the repair manual but do any of you have any advice or tips/tricks to help this go smoothly?
    Thanks in advance!

Re: Replacing instrument cluster difficulty?

It's time consuming but not hard. Did you get a brand new replacement. 02-03 have the same cluster plug under the hood but I think it was in 04 Honda reversed the male and female plug. I use a polish and headlight tools to scrub them. It takes some work cause it's such fine polish but I've been able to bring back some pretty bad looking gaugesbefore.jpgafter.jpg
    03 Honda F12X (my favorite) Red of course
    Jim's Alpha Boost kit, H2O ECU Modulator, Large Intercooler, Solas intake grate and Impeller

Used to have:
    98 GP760, 97 GTX Sea Doo, 97 GP1200, 02 Honda F12X, 2-03 Honda F12X, 05 SeaDoo GTX Supercharged

Need to have:
    F15X

PWCToday Newbie

No I purchased a used one for a 2002 on eBay for half the price of brand new. Looks to be in excellent condition. I would have tried to restore my current one as Iíve had great success polishing out sun damaged headlights in the past, but in addition to surface haze and scratches it appears the LCD is faded and I canít see half of the fuel bars.
    Last edited by dross99_si; 12-09-2017 at 06:14 AM.

PWCToday Newbie

Changed out the gauge cluster the other day. Wasn't too bad actually. There was just enough room to access the screws and slip the cluster through by lifting up the post cover.

PWCToday Newbie

Just a tip for the future guys. I had the same issue and I had tried various headlight and plastic restore products. I learned that if you mix baking soda and vinegar into a paste it works very quickly and a leaves a clear clean finish. I was amazed at how easy it was with a little effort.

PWCToday Newbie

Nice tip ����
    Unfortunately it doesn’t fix faded LCD

Thread Information