Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Regular

91 superjet intake and ride plate help

Hi everyone, I have a 91 superjet 650 that I知 planning on dropping a 62t/62t engine in. Before I mod the engine, I壇 like my ski to handle better. I was told to get a hooker 9/15 because I mostly ride on a lake, and I only really jump boat wake. I知 kind of lost on what I should do for an intake and ride plate, I was recommended a jet dynamics intake but I知 really not sure. I like to have quite a bit of bottom end but still have a ton of top end because I知 mostly racing around the lake. Thanks for dealing with my constant post guys!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Re: 91 superjet intake and ride plate help

Hookers are excellent impellers, but I don't think you will be happy with a 9/15. IMO they are a little low on pitch and tend to feel a little soft, even on a stock SJ.

With our testing/builds we like the 10/16, or even a Watcon modded Large hub Solas Concord better.

As far as scoops, and ride plates - I really like the Jet Dynamics plates. For a Scoop you may want a worx 205. The JD Scoop, or Worx 201 are also excellent, BUT more aggressive. They will scuff top speed numbers.

I have everything available here, and would be happy to help with questions, tuning advice, etc.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web sites

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    used parts www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

PWCToday Regular

Sweet thanks for the advice, I was thinking around that impeller pitch and that intake.

PWCToday Regular

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    Hookers are excellent impellers, but I don't think you will be happy with a 9/15. IMO they are a little low on pitch and tend to feel a little soft, even on a stock SJ.

With our testing/builds we like the 10/16, or even a Watcon modded Large hub Solas Concord better.
    That's very interesting. The majority of posters on the X who run hookers seem to like the 9/15 better until they get to some good mods and that's even with light aftermarket hulls. But those are mostly flat water guys too. My girls ski runs a 10/16 and it takes a second to really get going, but then again its a ported 760 so they aren't known for low end anyways.
    '90 Superjet: ported 760, dual 44's, B pipe, ADA head 190psi, TDR waterbox, hooker 10-16, sponsons. Wife's ride
    '94 Suuuperjet: 84mm 61x, ported, protec pipe, H2o designs waterbox, Newmiller head 175psi w/girdle, protec ride plate, Protec mod'd cdi, UMI grate, RN pole -4", rev footholds, solas prop, sweet green turf+wrap.
    '95 Raider 701: Fiberglass not SMC, Hydrotrailer hitch, ugly purple and yellow everywhere.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home afraz1er's Avatar

Go with the 10/16 like John said. I run one in my 91 square with 61x, a composite d cut ride plate, and a worx 201. Its a nice combo for chasing boats. If your needing a plate John had a d cut plate for sale. I think it was a ocean pro.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    - 03 Superjet - 1mm over bore, hooker 9/15, destroyer tubbies, carbon ride plate, cold fusion turn plate, quick steer mod, UMI bars, blowsion pole spring, jetmaniac girdled head, limited chamber b pipe
    - 94 WB1 - protec ride plate and top loader, 61x61x (FOR SALE)
    - 92 550sx - under construction
    - SNSJ - dual 44sbn, protec girdled head, 735cc, 62t61x, cylinder ported by tim tynan, protec exhaust, bored nozzle, 10/16, worx 201 top loader

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
    That's very interesting. The majority of posters on the X who run hookers seem to like the 9/15 better until they get to some good mods and that's even with light aftermarket hulls. But those are mostly flat water guys too. My girls ski runs a 10/16 and it takes a second to really get going, but then again its a ported 760 so they aren't known for low end anyways.
    Just an instance of you cannot always believe what you read on the internet......

I am just saying what we have found here, with our testing. I will say, EVERY ski, build, set up is different. Aftermarket / flat water skis have different pump tunnels, etc. I just have yet to see what is the hype with a "9/15 hooker". In a regular SJ rec build the 10/16 or Large hub Solas concord hits MUCH better. 9/15 feels soft.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web sites

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    used parts www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

Thread Information