User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Sea-Doo XPS Synthetic 2 Stroke Oil

Hello. I just purchased a GSX for parts and the guy told me that he has a full oil tank with the XPS Synthetic 2 Stroke Oil in it. (and it is full) To me it sure looks like it. It has the bright orange-ish red look. I would like to drain it and use it in my running SeaDoos but I don't want to take a chance if it is not the XPS oil.

Is there any other 2 stroke oils that look like the XPS oil?

You thoughts on the situation?

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Sea-Doo XPS Synthetic 2 Stroke Oil

Judging by color, it probably is the correct oil. However, anytime I buy a seadoo or anything for that matter I drain the oil and throw it away because I do not trust the previous owner. It's just not worth it to me to take a chance on such a small amount of oil. Also gives you a good chance to seal up the leaky oil grommets

XPS has a very distinct smell that is not easily mistaken for other oils. As CD96 above says there is some risk of using old oil and it is good to watch that it is not bad.

I usually take it out and put in a clear container and let set for a while. That way you can determine if it has water or other contaminants in it. You can then run through a filter into another container to put in your ski. I do this all the time with oil that comes out of old skis.
    The thought that leads to no action is not thought - It is dreaming!!
    Think Big!!

Some people have hobbies - some people have addictions - I have jet skis!!

Thanks both!!!!!!!! The guy told me he just put it in before it threw a rod. He said he got the GSX in the middle of this riding season. I generally would not chance it but this oil is not cheap and I would hate to wast it if it is what he said it is and it is still good.

I bought the thing for the engine. My son and I thought it would be a great project to rebuild the engine, but when I pulled the engine, there is a big hole in the case that I could not see......... I am trying to salvage as much as possible.
    Last edited by mrwhipper; 12-08-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Thread Information