Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 800 SX-R NADA and Kelley Blue Book Values

if its a sxr even at twice the $$$ is $2400 that's still half price so jump on it .. I know a guy that just bought a sxr off a car dealer that took it in on trade so probably went by the book on value .. like someone said up top its supply vs demand so drives the price way up ..
    o bought a MINT 1996 zxi 1100 for $1200 Canadian yet the 650sx in only fair condition goes for double that ,, go figure ..
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Hamilton Ontario Canada . need old school Kawasaki 650 , 750 or some basic superjet parts and you are within Canada ? message me I may have parts available

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've bought a lot of skis in the past 27 years.

I've sold or parted a lot of skis in the past 27 years.

Not once has Kelley B. Book shown up in my driveway with a pocket full of Benjamins, so I couldn't care less what she thinks a jet ski is worth. She hasn't bought or sold a single ski, ever. I have.

Oh, and the data used by KBB and NADA is often flawed by the fact that the values on ski transactions are often under-reported. In my state we have to pay sales tax on a used ski purchase. Therefore it's rather common for lots and lots of skis to be sold for $100-500. Our DNR doesn't care, as long as they get their registration fees, and the state doesn't waste money chasing after the real sale amounts on used skis. And even if they did, "Yeah, I only paid $100 because it had a blown engine, and then I fixed it..."

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

Top Dog

Quote Originally Posted by fox river pwc View Post

Not once has Kelley B. Book shown up in my driveway with a pocket full of Benjamins, so I couldn't care less what she thinks a jet ski is worth. She hasn't bought or sold a single ski, ever. I have.

Oh, and the data used by KBB and NADA is often flawed by the fact that the values on ski transactions are often under-reported. In my state we have to pay sales tax on a used ski purchase. Therefore it's rather common for lots and lots of skis to be sold for $100-500. Our DNR doesn't care, as long as they get their registration fees, and the state doesn't waste money chasing after the real sale amounts on used skis. And even if they did, "Yeah, I only paid $100 because it had a blown engine, and then I fixed it..."
    thought she was a he!learn something everyday

PWCToday Newbie

Well I bought it today. It was extremely clean. Now I need to go somewhere warm to try it out and learn stand up. Looks like I have to go to central FL to find 70 water. I am going to stay in fresh water.

Mike

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home theVetteman3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fox river pwc View Post

Well said. NADA and KBB are rarely accurate, especially with skis which are in higher demand, such as sxrs or superjets. Here in the Midwest both types command a premium, but lately it seems like all stand up ski values are going thru the roof.

I hadn't considered the low values from low declared sale prices to beat the taxes, but it makes sense. That definitely could help explain it.
    1985 JS550/800 "Pretty Red": Newmiller 800, Rhaas 750 pump conv. [56.3mph gps]
    2009 1100 SJ:
    Kawi 1100 build in progress
    2009 SJ MINT:
    KP steering adaptor, Worx 228 intake [45.8mph gps]
    1987 WJ650:
    6M6, JD Intake Grate, 17/20, cheater pipe [47.8mph gps]
    1994 XiR: 830cc Superstock, PJS side draft, 13/18 swirl [53.7mph gps]
    1998 SXI PRO:
    3DR hull mods [TBD]

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

....so I shouldn't have sold my 300sx to my buddy for $400.00 for his kids???? Sh!t, with my fleet, I'm sitting on a gold mine. Let's start the bidding!

I paid $3800.00 for a super clean 07 sxr 6 years ago, $5000.00 for a wet piped clean 07 sxr 4 years ago, and paid $5000.00 for an 01 superjet with everything except a water box 5 years ago. 7 years ago I was snatching worked 750's, 3 at a time for 2 grand.

One of my 550's, fully modded, I got for $400.00. A guy at the lake offered me $2000.00. I sold it right there.

If people want it, they'll pay for it. Value is decided by the buyer and seller, not some book.
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

PWCToday Regular

I bought a 03 sxr in 05 for 3500 and 12 years later I bet I could get my 3500 back however I would never sell this ski

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

I'd get every penny back, and then some.
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information