Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tell me of blasters

A mate has sold his two supejets for a sxr but kept the tandem trailer. We are already using the trailer for my 650sx. So figured why not pick up a cheap ski for novices to ride - especially those who aren't comfortable on the stand ups.

This is my thinking:
    Originally we thought the wb1 was the way to go, small and light so should fit on the tandem stand-up trailer. And agile with a great ability to carve hard and lean in (that is what attracts us, we are both motorcyclists)

However I've been reading alot and the instability and especially the difficulty boarding. Not ideal for a novice rider to just jump on and have fun. So looking at the WB2 to still keep the carving and jump characteristics for us. While friendly for beginners. (Plus its cheaper) Problem is I can't find any comparison to actual hull sizes between them. Would love to see a picture of them side to side or even the WB2 on a trailer next to a stand up. As it has to fit on a tandem stand up trailer.

Any advice or thoughts is much appreciated.

Here is the trailer with two stand-ups for sizing cues:
    Last edited by spenaroo; 12-03-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Re: Tell me of blasters

Hmm from what I can see the waveblaster 2 is 25cm wider then a superjet. We might have 5cm between those skis. Unless its got a higher bond line and a v shaped hull I think it won't clear between the wheel arches and the other ski.

Any suggestions or help?

This 20min lockout for editing means I'll keep making new posts. Would be nice to add it to the previous as no-ones replied yet

So after some searching and conversion ive come up with the following rough dimensions
    Length/width in mm
    650sx 2200/786
    SJ 2240/681
    Wb1 2400/889
    Wb2 2720/1032

In summary a wb2 is aprox. 480mm longer and 250mm wider than stand up.

Wb1 is 100mm wider and 200mm longer.

And difference between a wb1 and wb2. Wb2 is 143mm wider and 320mm longer
    Last edited by spenaroo; 12-04-2017 at 12:19 AM.

Top Dog

you would have to raise bunks so bottom of hulls go out over top of fenders, you want a b1 for you!

Thanks,
    Have the trailer sitting with my old man he has the resources to engineer a solution. And last I spoke to him, he had an idea but needed the hull profile.

Ruled out the b1 and the HX. Talking with some colleagues in the ski industry confirmed my thoughts that they are too difficult to board for a beginner. They suggested an XP with the 951. But also confirmed that the blaster 2 would be a good choice.
    Last edited by spenaroo; 12-05-2017 at 12:52 AM.

Top Dog

a gp 760 is slower but way more reliable.
    Last edited by jrddillon; 12-05-2017 at 11:11 PM.

You will hate the 951 motor. Hands down the worst motor made from a reliability stand point. Get a wb1 and never turn back.

Picked this up last night.
    All looks original. And very clean, freshwater ski. For a very good price.

Unfortunetly its too long for the trailer so going to have to change plans. Shame as I really liked that tandem trailer.

Current thoughts are to make a second deck above this trailer for my 650sx (assuming my mate is happy to sell it), that hinges down and back for launch/recovery.
    Last edited by spenaroo; 12-07-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmcahow View Post
    You will hate the 951 motor. Hands down the worst motor made from a reliability stand point. Get a wb1 and never turn back.
    Yeah that was my thoughts. They did specify only a looked after carby model. Never buy a DI.

The biggest killer though was size. It's bigger then the WB2. And the WB2 is already much bigger than I would have liked... but it's the price of stability.

As much as a WB1 ticked my boxes...
    Its not user friendly. The difficulty factor defeats the purpose of having a second ski for friends/family

Top Dog

and thats why you want a b1 for you when you can't keep up to the b2 (witch is awesome) on your sx
    Last edited by jrddillon; 12-08-2017 at 12:34 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information