Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fox river pwc's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: What Not To Buy at Harbor Freight Tools & Northern Tools

Yeah, I have a couple of their metal rolling shop carts. Tiny hardware and lots of it made assembly tedious. Fairly flimsy and tippy. If they weren't half price when I got mine, I would have been very unhappy. At half price, well, OK at best.

WHEN IN DOUBT, GAS IT!

Yeah, I'm an @sshole, but I'm not a complete @sshole.

http://badgerlandjetpilots.com/

I don't come here to make enemies - only to identify them...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fastgtfairlane's Avatar

ive bought 2 heat guns from harbor freight. one was a 10 dollar one it lasted 10 minutes. the other one i bought was like 30 bucks its a chicago electric brand i believe. it has 2 speed fan and about 10 heat settings. ive had it for 5 years or so. works great, even has an auto cool down feature where it just runs the fan to cool the heating element. its been dropped several times too. ive bought chicago electric stuff and central pneumatic stuff and had no issues. they also have decent unibit drill bits. most of the stuff ive had decent luck with that ive bought from there. but cept for the heat gun and osillating tool most of what ive bought doesnt get a lot of use.
    91 440; PJS Viper 7000, jetsport exhaust mani, factory full pipe, coffman waterbox,solas 17*, jetco worked 440 pump, ocean pro nozzles. shredmaster ocean rideplate and grate combo, wide tray, footholds, deep strake mod, driveshaft fill,650sx quick turn

build thread part 1: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=331343
    build thread part 2: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=364872
    build thread part 3: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=396154

Top Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Guy View Post
    Dont buy Milwaukee unless its "FUEL" or its weak as crap.
    You can't use or charge battery of mil. below freezing and can't use in rain or drop in water! if you do its in trash before job is done! Dewalt can complete the job in any temp. and lasts after many under water submersions. Ya the pier removal and installation service is rain or shine sleet or snow.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Myself's Avatar

The Pittsburg Pro hand tools are as good as any Craftsman, Husky, Kobalt, etc mid grade type stuff.
    The US General Pro toolboxes, the better red ones, have proven to be almost as well built as Matco, Snap-on, Cornwell, etc. And for a lot less money.
    Their engine hoists, stands, jacks, etc, are about the same quality as everybody elses at a better price.
    The Earthquake air tools get good reviews.
    Most of the power tools are crap but they're also cheap and if you need something right now and dont plan on using it very much they will likely get you by. Allthough the new Bauer branded stuff looks to be pretty well built.
    The Vulcan brand welders also are getting good reviews.
    http://www.facebook.com/twinlakesjetskirepair

'89 Kawi 650SX 42.4 GPS
    +3" stock pipe, ported ex. manifold, drilled waterbox, blueprinted pump, Ocean Pro ride plate

'99 Yama GP1200 65U 61.8 GPS
    ported cylinders, matched cases, milled head, blueprinted pump, long ride plate

'96 Seadoo HX 717 53.13 GPS
    light porting, massaged cases, lightened flywheel, port matched manifolds, Rossier pipe, stubby pump cone

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Spim's Avatar

love the sockets, love the wrenches, use a ton of their zip ties just for around the shop stuff like holding rope or extension cords in place.

their tool boxes are pretty good quality, we pitched in and bought a set last xmas for my brother and they held up fine, as well as my craftsman that are 20 yrs old.

heat gun is heading into year 6, no issues.

would never purchase anything that i'd have to stand under and I've avoided the cordless tools and stuck with my other "cheap" alternatives like Ryobi and Milwaukee.

for compressor I stuck with a used Dewalt that was about the same price as new at HF although I did get a slow leaker but its quiet which is what I wanted.
    The problem with normal is that it just keeps getting worse...

I would rather sit than quit...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home wielgot's Avatar

I have a low profile floor jack that has been great for 5 years the steel version. Sockets are good ratchets suck. The gray tarps are excellent at keeping water out. Have had one on my jetmateam for 2 years no leaks. Zip ties are ok. I use Ryobi cordless and love it. Impact driver will loosen 90% of the bolts on a ski.
    IL Jet Riders Member #2

90 X2 750
    95 X2 650
    92 Jetmate viper 8000
    92 SC 750
    93 Blaster stk
    93 Blaster Mod

Paypal= jwielgot@gmail.com

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Spim's Avatar

I'm constantly getting the 20% off and free with purchase coupons, but caution, if you get the free 24pk of AA batteries, prepare for them to last about 2 weeks in a computer mouse (vs maybe 7 months on my duracel)
    The problem with normal is that it just keeps getting worse...

I would rather sit than quit...

Look in forward to pull in the trigger on one of HFs Earthquake XT cordless ratchets soon.

BTW, I've been using those freebie batteries in various TV remotes with varying results. Some last a couple weeks, others a couple months. But hey, they're free.
    Last edited by AirJunky; 01-11-2018 at 01:15 AM.
    -
    Bill

Current ride is an almost stock 94 550SX
    My JS550 build
    . - SOLD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information