New Member, Lots of questions.. Can you offer of here is where to start?
pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

New Member, Lots of questions.. Can you offer of here is where to start?

IMG_6375.JPGHi Guys and Gals,

New member and once again a Honda owner. I had one for about a year when they first come out and had to sell due to some changes in my life. Either way, i just picked up (2) F12-x Turbo GPScapes, Burgundy in color. I got a great deal on them along with a newer yacht master trailer.

What do i need to know? What is the maintenance strategy each of you follow? One is an 05 with 63 hours and the other is an 06 with 58 hours. Both appear brand new inside and out, a test run on the lake today revealed at least one runs flawlessly. The other the battery was two weak to start and I had already got wet from the test ride so I postponed the other test ride. It is cold here in Ohio, lake Erie is not very forgiving when the winds are blowing and the water was spashing everywhere. Both skis were bought locally in Ohio (freshwater) to run back and forth from the mainland to a local party island with the GPS. Apparently owner made a few trips but not many and these skis have seen storage far more than water.

Where would you start, i searched for some info but thought maybe someone would be willing to write a where to begin.
    Last edited by Wildboating; 11-21-2017 at 09:26 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home AC 46's Avatar

Re: New Member, Lots of questions.. Can you offer of here is where to start?

Looks good.also a new honda owner and there is great info on the honda forum here.
    R.I.P. Super Sic

Hours are so low they're barely broken in. Was oil changed at 10 hours? Then every 50 or season after. Air filter? Plugs should be fine. Keep carrier bearing greased. (zerk under back seat) Could pull of reverse bucket and take cone off to make sure there's no water in cone. Again, so low hours, I would think unlikely.

How much did you pay if you dont mind?

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by muf-dvr View Post
    How much did you pay if you dont mind?
    I picked both up with the trailer for $6,000. They were in a bit of a family issue and needed to sell, I think this is a great price for them. Both of the swim steps, both have factory covers, anchors, lines. There isnt much of any scratches on them. Trailer apperars to be less than 2 years old. Was this a good deal to you guys?

PWCToday Newbie

I was told the oil was changed each season. You never really know, i do know who ever put the oil filters on last way over tightened them. Damn, i fought a war for about 4 hours but prevailed in the end. I tried a belt wrench, gripping teeth wrench and cup style. Finally was able to get them with the cup style, lots of patience and modifications to the cup to ultimately grab on. Sadly, i also had to pitch the cup wrench as the mods to get it to hold on to the filter meant it wasn't letting go either..haha

We recommend oil, oil filter, air filter, and plugs each season to keep running great. Honda skis are almost bulletproof and have few flaws. Keep them flushed and washed and you shouldn't have any issues.
    Jet Skis International
    Brian Brocksmith
    813-413-7544
    http://jetskisint.com
    Free Aquatrax Tech support
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jet-S...91943504243227

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks Brian! I just winterized them, changed the oil and put CRC on the turbos, waste gate, and motor. Battery are pulled and being kept on maintenance charge. I look forward to next year! Im a bit concerned now that I have read so much about the ecm and code 25 with theses skis. I hope that is not something i have to worry with anytime soon.

PWCToday Newbie

I was told that with the Laser Iridium plugs for these Hondas that they will last for up to 200 hours. Is this true?

Thread Information