Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Restoring my X2 (kind of)

So a little while back, I landed a pretty good deal on an 89 X2. All I had to do was ride it. Now it is getting cold so I figured Iíll take this time to clean it up cause it is filthy. I started with the most prominent spot. The engine bay. I am the process of cleaning that up. In the meantime, I am thinking of ideas for the outside. It needs a simple patch job in the hood. Looks like something heavy fell on a corner and took a little chunk out. Then on to paint. It isnít factory paint on top and it is peeling. Is it a doable task for an average hands on person? I have never done real paint on anything. Also, is it worth paint matching the underside of the hull?

Thanks, Ben

(Photos are before and after a quick scrub. Deciding on either white bay or color match to whatever color I do outside.)

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home cudaben's Avatar

Re: Restoring my X2 (kind of)

nice find-

x2's become very addictive. If you want to make it look good the best choice is to strip down all of the green paint and start fresh. you can never tell what kind of prep work was done- of it is peeling now I would doubt it was done well. Anything you put on top will only adhere to what is peeling below.
    "If it ain't broke, fix it till it is".

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error"
    - John Kenneth Galbraith

Thread Information