Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PWCToday Guru

which parts to use on 550

I'm putting this together, and have jetnetics stator,ebox and flywheel....and a jet sports head, pjs pipe....whats the best timing for this flywheel....and what compression does a stock 550 make....and what should it read with the jet sport head

I have 2 differ carbs...what does everyone like between these

WP_20170706_11_02_26_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170706_11_03_59_Pro.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Let the good times roll"

PWCToday Guru

Re: which parts to use on 550

I haven't seen that kind of silver carb before....there both mikuni....Ill measure i.d.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home TMali's Avatar

Use the black one. But to use it on a 550 you need a reed spacer to clear the cylinders

Those carbs are 38's one is BN (with the paint removed) and the other is an SBN 38. The SBN is better but you have to get the jet size(s) correct (probably the reason why its not installed already). You already have a manifold spacer installed so you can just bold on the SBN. If you google SBN you can find the tuning manual from Mikuni. I'm sure you can find a lot of post on what jets to run. Most people use the later style 44mm manifold with an SBN 44 so when looking for jetting sizes recommendations make sure they are talking about the 38.

PWCToday Guru

Ok thanks.....do you think the jetnetics stator and ebox is better than stock.....i have all three pieces...

Flywheel
    Stator
    Ebox

I want to use them.....have you'll.used the jetnetics ebox before

PWCToday Guru

Also....i have an aluminum water box....in picture....and a fiber glass one....which is best?

Also...i need a gas tank...does anyone have one....i think it's a 1984-1985 year ski.....will other tanks work

Post some pictures of the Ebox and stator, and flywheel ... it sounds like a total loss system. I have a MSD TL system but haven't ran it because the motor is still at the machine shop. I have heard the total loss systems are a PITA because you have to charge the battery, also most have a switch that you have to turn off to keep the coil from burning up. The also have some reliability issues if they are programmable (so I hear). The systems are pretty rare and worth good money so don't give it away.

Run the AL water box the fiberglass is stock.

Gas tanks can be found on ebay any 550 440 or 300 non SX should fit, you can also get an oversized tank but make sure it comes with pickup tubes, straps, and extender brackets.

PWCToday Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moko View Post
    I haven't seen that kind of silver carb before....there both mikuni....Ill measure i.d.
    Looks like a round body BN44, the one everyone wants to avoid for good reasons.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home fastgtfairlane's Avatar

both carbs are 38mm. 3 holes on top is a 38mm, 4 holes is a 44mm and larger. the black carb is definitely the better choice because it has interchangable jets behind the diamond shaped plate. 110-120ish is the piston port compression stock. no idea what the jetsport head will raise compression to without knowing the cc, and squish of the combustion chambers, and the deck height. sounds like the ski could be pretty modified so there could be no idea where the compression is. best for a good machinist to check out for you just so you know its done properly. or you could get a good compression gauge and check it yourself. then bolt the jetsport head on and see where it puts you. the aluminum water box is definitely a better choice over the fiberglass one which is the stock box. post pics of everything you have including the ski, engine, parts, etc
    91 440; PJS Viper 7000, jetsport exhaust mani, factory full pipe, coffman waterbox,solas 17*, jetco worked 440 pump, ocean pro nozzles. shredmaster ocean rideplate and grate combo, wide tray, footholds, deep strake mod, driveshaft fill,650sx quick turn

build thread part 1: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=331343
    build thread part 2: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=364872
    build thread part 3: http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=396154

PWCToday Guru

Thanks all for the info....lll use the black carb,and jet it for 38mm settings....

I'll get a pic of the ebox

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information