User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Yamaha 1200/800 powervalve wave eater, lever link, clips

What's the opinion out there on which Yamaha power valve pin holding clips are the best? Seems there are 3 types on the market.

1. Wave eater which does not require powervalve removal and clips over the oem link itself, package of 3 runs about $100 and includes couplers for more accurate shaft opening closing.

2. Wave "links" which go over the oem link and uses the factory allen head bolt to hold them down and in place. Package of 3 @ $24

3. Lever links which is a whole new link assembly that replaces the oem part and encapsules the pin assembly. Each one costs around $25 a piece.

Any bad reports of any? I have used Wave eaters twice with no problems. I recently just purchased wave links and are a bit nervous to try them because you are relying on the allen head bolt to now hold down 2 points of contact (instead of 1) which makes that area more prone to coming loose with the allen head bolt coming out. Any reports of this happening?

Re: Yamaha 1200/800 powervalve wave eater, lever link, clips

I prefer the links from SBT. They encapsulate the pin and require the removal of the shaft. You should always use locktite on the screws for the power valve assemblies. I have 2 power valve engines using the SBT links with no issues. I have seen the wave eater clips, and don't care for the quick fix attitude of them. There quick and easy and do work, but I prefer a what I consider to be a permanent fix. I don't think I've seen the wave eater links. But from the sounds of it, it's like the SBT link.
    Last edited by Dave in DE; 11-10-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Re: Yamaha 1200/800 powervalve wave eater, lever link, clips

Since I can't seem to find or hear about any problems of the 3 choices out there, all should work fine. But yes the "lever link" SBT sells would be the most sturdy option if you don't mind pulling the valves to do it.

Thread Information