Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Searched- Spark ?

I'm considering a Spark but can't seem to find what type of handling it has - is it lean in like my '99 XPL was, or lean out like an X4 hull? If lean out, can that be changed with sponsons/ride plate/tubbies/etc.?

Also, how does the 90 HP acceleration up to say 40 MPH compare to an XPDI in good shape?

Thanks!

Re: Searched- Spark ?

Never heard the terminology you are using for handling?
    But I had two 97' 787cc XPL's prior to my 2 Sparks. The only thing the xpls
    were better at was really rough water. The Sparks are way more fun, everywhere
    else. An actual 951 xpl might be a little faster...but I'd bet, still not as fun.
    The decently modded 787's are not as fast as a 110hp v-tech tuned Spark.
    Just my two cents

I left my wife's Spark stock...except for the tune. My Spark has Riva sponsens and
    steering. Worx intake and rideplate. I actually think it carves better than the xpl did.
    2017 Jet Jam Racing "Region 2" Sport GP Champion

Thanks 2017 sponsors....

Reno KTM
    DirtTricks
    Reno / Tahoe Watercraft Connection
    Hunt & Sons / VP Racing Fuels
    Garate Enterprises (The Powder Man)
    On the Mark Construction, Reno NV

PWCToday Newbie

What I meant is the older X4 hulls you actually weighed the outside foot in a turn.

I own a 90hp Spark (all stock) and it turns on a dime and handles like a dream. I don't have much to compare it to because this is my first PWC I've owned. When I hit the throttle in sport it will jump clean out of the water, I really have to try hard and lean towards the nose to keep it in the water mashing the throttle. When you find the Sparks "pressure points" you can really make it move wherever/whenever you want. I love mine, most fun I've ever had on a machine.

If the spark was produced with 200+HP then that would be fun,no other hull performs better than an xplimited in rough or smooth water.The spark doesn't bite as hard when pushed at 60+mph,due to its lighter weight it is very maneuverable but hull for hull it cant match the xpl which is a shame as the concept is good,but needs more power IMO.I have had xplimteds since 98 and ridden everything from all brands and nothing beats the parabolic hull.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SURFnTURF View Post
    If the spark was produced with 200+HP then that would be fun,no other hull performs better than an xplimited in rough or smooth water.The spark doesn't bite as hard when pushed at 60+mph,due to its lighter weight it is very maneuverable but hull for hull it cant match the xpl which is a shame as the concept is good,but needs more power IMO.I have had xplimteds since 98 and ridden everything from all brands and nothing beats the parabolic hull.
    This is the kind of experience I was looking for. So, in your opinion is the Spark a "lean into turns" hull like an XPL?

Up to a point but with the xplimited you can lean more inside the turn the faster you go.Both skis you have to let the nose bite first which means back off the throttle for a second and let the nose drop so the hull can work in the turn then power through it. You can do this with most skis but the difference is the XPL carves through the turn where as the other skis can bite and bite hard and if your not quick enough to respond or strong enough you will be sailing through the air at 65mph skimming along on your back waiting for your head to get crunched when you finally sink into the water winded and cant breath.......
    All the flat turners are like this with the spark being a mid lean in type hull ,the only other hull that comes close is the HX which is a smaller lighter version of the XPL

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Maulin Marto's Avatar

FYI guys. We just took in a 16 with all the sea-doo extras on it tuesday. 9hrs on it. Trailer, spare tire, aftermarket cover. Its wicked clean. Couple small dock marks on the front lid area and that is it. Very minor. Bottom is mint. I'll post a pick ASAP. I'm not in sales, but I know they are asking $5500. Not bad as far as I see it for a like new used fresh water Spork with the extras. Call 1-815-544-5800 and ask for ROX if any interest. Tell him Marto told you to call, may give ya a better deal, or raise the price....
    2010 UWP Masters National Champion, Governor's Cup / 2013 GLWC Masters #1/2013 GLWC Ski Slalom #1/2013 Vet Open #2
    2009 & 2010 Vet Open Great lakes Champion /2009 GLWC Masters #1 2009 Sport spec #1 /GLWC 2011 #3 Vet Open

Ebay Store Link> http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Uncle-Martos-Parts-Store

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SURFnTURF View Post
    Up to a point but with the xplimited you can lean more inside the turn the faster you go.Both skis you have to let the nose bite first which means back off the throttle for a second and let the nose drop so the hull can work in the turn then power through it. You can do this with most skis but the difference is the XPL carves through the turn where as the other skis can bite and bite hard and if your not quick enough to respond or strong enough you will be sailing through the air at 65mph skimming along on your back waiting for your head to get crunched when you finally sink into the water winded and cant breath.......
    All the flat turners are like this with the spark being a mid lean in type hull ,the only other hull that comes close is the HX which is a smaller lighter version of the XPL
    Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Maulin Marto View Post
    FYI guys. We just took in a 16 with all the sea-doo extras on it tuesday. 9hrs on it. Trailer, spare tire, aftermarket cover. Its wicked clean. Couple small dock marks on the front lid area and that is it. Very minor. Bottom is mint. I'll post a pick ASAP. I'm not in sales, but I know they are asking $5500. Not bad as far as I see it for a like new used fresh water Spork with the extras. Call 1-815-544-5800 and ask for ROX if any interest. Tell him Marto told you to call, may give ya a better deal, or raise the price....
    Spark or Trixx? Does it have IBR, 90 HP?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information