User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

SXR vs SXi Pro steering sub plate?

Does anyone know if the steering sub plates on an 06 SXR and 98 SXi Pro are interchangeable?

i just picked up the SXR (all stock) and wanted to try the 4 degree bars and grips off my SXi on it . Figured swapping the bars and steering sub plate as a unit would be easier than swapping the bars from ski to ski.

Cant physically get to the skis right now so just thinking through the project in my head.

Thanks

Resident Guru

Re: SXR vs SXi Pro steering sub plate?

Yes, I believe so. I used a 750 sub plate (unknown model) on my stock 08 sxr.
    Jeremy S.

The plate in the pic is from a 750, the vernier has the measurement from a SXR steering plate, the SXRs is 3/8 longer from center of steering pivot bolt to the steering cable fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home IceRocket1286's Avatar

I assume by “sub plate” you mean the assembly that bolts directly to the handlepole, which the turn plate bolts to. The turn plate or steering plate is what Styno shows. What up Styno!!?

Anyway, 750 sx sxi or sxi pro subplates are the same. The SXR is the same with one difference. That difference is the sub plate has two holes for the stud in which your turn plate and steering mount to. The 750’s use the forward mounting hole for the stud that the turn plate attaches to. Effectively giving you a -1” steering setup if you were to install a 750 plate on your SXR. If this is something you choose to do, you MUST move The point at which your steering cable attaches to the stock turn plate. You need to move it rearward 1” to obtain the same turning ratio as a stock SXR. I took the chance to move mine rearward the appropriate 1” and also move it to the left as far as the cable will allow. This provides a quicker turning response. I’ve run my stock SXR steering this way for 12 years or more.

Hopefully that makes some sense!
    See the all new BAM Hull and test ride for yourself!

http://www.crazyjoescustoms.com/

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home IceRocket1286's Avatar

Also for what it is worth, 4 degree bars suck. 0 degree is where it’s at. Just my opinion.
    See the all new BAM Hull and test ride for yourself!

http://www.crazyjoescustoms.com/

Thread Information