pxctoday

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    WI
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3

    2004 yamaha fx ho cruiser..fuel guage stuck

    would this be the fuel sending unit and is it hard to replace? shows full when full but doesnt go below 1/4 ever
    Last edited by 17dels17; 11-05-2017 at 11:22 PM.

  2. #2
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12

    Re: 2004 yamaha fx ho cruiser..fuel guage stuck

    Dear 17dels17:

    I also have a 2004 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO and I have the same situation. The fuel gauge shows full when full and is accurate till it gets to a quarter tank. Below a quarter tank to almost empty it still registers 1/4 full. Luckily, this ski is efficient and has a big fuel tank.
    My ski has 270 hours on it and it still runs great. Please advise on what steps you take to winterize yours? do you add antifreeze to the cooling water system or just blow it out; as this is the first year we have owned this ski and I was just curious. Thank you. Andy G.

  3. #3
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    WI
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3

    Re: 2004 yamaha fx ho cruiser..fuel guage stuck

    Hi Andy, i tilt my trailer back and blow it out 3 times for 15 seconds a time with a 2 minute wait period in between.I also remove top cover and spray fogging oil in the intakes with a 3 second spray to each. Start it one more for 10 seconds to coat cylinders and your done.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewgarciasr View Post
    Dear 17dels17:

    I also have a 2004 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO and I have the same situation. The fuel gauge shows full when full and is accurate till it gets to a quarter tank. Below a quarter tank to almost empty it still registers 1/4 full. Luckily, this ski is efficient and has a big fuel tank.
    My ski has 270 hours on it and it still runs great. Please advise on what steps you take to winterize yours? do you add antifreeze to the cooling water system or just blow it out; as this is the first year we have owned this ski and I was just curious. Thank you. Andy G.

  4. #4
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12

    Re: 2004 yamaha fx ho cruiser..fuel guage stuck

    Quote Originally Posted by 17dels17 View Post
    Hi Andy, i tilt my trailer back and blow it out 3 times for 15 seconds a time with a 2 minute wait period in between.I also remove top cover and spray fogging oil in the intakes with a 3 second spray to each. Start it one more for 10 seconds to coat cylinders and your done.
    Ok. I will try this. Thank you. Andy G.

  5. #5
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12

    Re: 2004 yamaha fx ho cruiser..fuel guage stuck

    Dear 17dels17: Besides the fuel Gauge issue are there any other issues that you ahve had with your Yamaha 2004 FX Cruiser HO? Is there any other nuances about this wave runner that I should watch for? Have you ever changed the spark plugs and is it an easy or tough job? Lastly, how long have you owned yours and how many hours does it have on the motor?
    Please advise?

    thank You.
    Andy g.

  6. #6
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    WI
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3

    Re: 2004 yamaha fx ho cruiser..fuel guage stuck

    this machine is about as reliable as it gets!! pop cover to get to plugs. change every 100 hours. I have 210 hours on mine. Speedometer went wacky once. on the bottom of the runner there is a little plastic paddle wheel that came off its pin. Put in a longer pin and is fine. ALL in all i couldnt be happier with this machine. Now the wifes Honda is a different story!!lol Oh and dont forget to pull the battery out and bring it inside for winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewgarciasr View Post
    Dear 17dels17: Besides the fuel Gauge issue are there any other issues that you ahve had with your Yamaha 2004 FX Cruiser HO? Is there any other nuances about this wave runner that I should watch for? Have you ever changed the spark plugs and is it an easy or tough job? Lastly, how long have you owned yours and how many hours does it have on the motor?
    Please advise?

    thank You.
    Andy g.

  7. #7
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12

    Re: 2004 yamaha fx ho cruiser..fuel guage stuck

    As suggested, I disconnected the battery and brought it inside and placed it on a maintenance charger. Thank you for the responses and all of the help. best of luck with your wave runner.
    Andy G.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.0